Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.7 - Lincoln at home

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Lincoln's penalty should not have been awarded. I couldn't see a movement from Winnall towards their player. The rules don't state that he should back off to allow the forward free passage. The Lincoln forward then ran into him.

Glad to see you also highlighting Montsma's cheating. Should have been a yellow card.

Thank you as ever.

Our collapse at the end was purely psychological, they got one back and after being totally chilled we panicked. But if I was MA I’d be asking why his team waited till then to start playing with any urgency.

MApp described his team's performance as naïve.
So were we good because Lincoln were poor or were just too good for them exposing their weaknesses?

Our collapse at the end was purely psychological, they got one back and after being totally chilled we panicked. But if I was MA I’d be asking why his team waited till then to start playing with any urgency.

A slight concern then perhaps? Lack of experienced old heads. Both Taylor and Henry had gone off before the end. Forde at 27 was probably the oldest player on the pitch for us come the final whistle.

'Naive' is a word a manager can use in the press to criticise and explain his team's performance without risking being accused of 'slagging the players off in public'. Lincoln were not naive. As Paul pointed out, they were at least as up for the gamesmanship tricks of the trade as we were.

We were good, they were not very good, and certainly in the first sixty minutes, seemed to lack a real will to get back into the game. Henry's movement and finishing skills exposed a rather static and sleepy defence. We were far better in midfield, and won back possession quickly. Thorniley was excellent at breaking up play and starting the midfield going.

Back
Top Bottom