Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.6 - QPR away

Dunno about burn them black shirts( they look ok with jeans) but lets not wear them in a competitive game . Again. Ever.

Last edited:
It's been said by others but, why change our kit unnecessarily? If there is no colour clash, why change? We are the "Yellows" we have a yellow kit, why not wear it?
Is there a different sponsor on the away ones? I don’t think there is

It's been said by others but, why change our kit unnecessarily? If there is no colour clash, why change? We are the "Yellows" we have a yellow kit, why not wear it?
To sell replica tops.

We've been doing it for years and so do all clubs.

To sell replica tops.

We've been doing it for years and so do all clubs.
But how many replica shirts do fans buy in a season. Will any Oxford fans buy all 3? I'd be interested to know how many buy the black one. But if it goes with jeans, then fine.
That said I saw a few QPR with their black away top. How on earth they chose that over their iconic hoops is beyond me.

Most clubs seem to do a black second or third kit now, purely because it “goes with jeans” so I am guessing the sales figures back up doing one. You could just buy a black t shirt to wear with your jeans for much less money though.

Most clubs seem to do a black second or third kit now, purely because it “goes with jeans” so I am guessing the sales figures back up doing one. You could just buy a black t shirt to wear with your jeans for much less money though.

I wonder then if we're the only club that wears the bloody thing on the pitch.

Football shirts should be designed with a view to playing football in not wearing with jeans.
Black may be OK on a nice sunny day, but at Bolton, in second half, it was a typical North-West day, dark, gloomy, raining, in such conditions the black doesn't stand out at all. That cannot help the players, with a quick look up you need to see your team mates immediately. At pitch level, looking across a pitch, if your team mate is in front of spectators wearing dark coats you are not going to pick him out in a split second.
Compare that to the 10 Bolton players in sparkling white shirts. The contrast was quite stark.

Dickies goal - he only touched the ball 4 times between winning the ball just inside his own half to hitting the ball from 25 yards out. It did seem a very, very short pitch.

Back
Top Bottom