Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - no.44 - Plymouth away

I’m tempted to say that the Winnall comment you heard from behind you was me.
But I suspect there were quite a few echoes of it around the away end. Bringing this guy on in a desperate situation when we need a goal is either a measure of massive misjudgment by KR or a sign that, sadly, there was no option.
We were unlucky to be denied a penalty, yes, but Plymouth deserved the win. We were second best.

Perhaps because i'm reduced to watching from home and in a more relaxed mode but i just don't get this they deserved to win.
As i've said in another thread, for me they were workmanlike nothing more or less and if the whole game is considered rather than from the bare result after our missed chances and prior to their excellently taken goal the game had 0-0 written allover it.

I struggle to see how with our keeper not having to make a save they deserved to win.

Perhaps because i'm reduced to watching from home and in a more relaxed mode but i just don't get this they deserved to win.
As i've said in another thread, for me they were workmanlike nothing more or less and if the whole game is considered rather than from the bare result after our missed chances and prior to their excellently taken goal the game had 0-0 written allover it.

I struggle to see how with our keeper not having to make a save they deserved to win.
I would say that after their goal they didn’t have to do much to keep us at bay and that was the disappointing thing about the game.
Until then we were the better side but as had been said before if you don’t take your chances……..

I’m tempted to say that the Winnall comment you heard from behind you was me.
But I suspect there were quite a few echoes of it around the away end. Bringing this guy on in a desperate situation when we need a goal is either a measure of massive misjudgment by KR or a sign that, sadly, there was no option.
We were unlucky to be denied a penalty, yes, but Plymouth deserved the win. We were second best.
Having to bring on Winnall just reinforces the sinking feeling that even though this squad is good, it is not quite good enough for promotion.
(But while there's still hope.......)

That offside - what is odd the linesman is in line with Taylor & the two defenders, 8 yards ahead of the last defender who is on the other side of Whyte. Perhaps he didn't see the defender on the wrong side of Whyte, hence reason given offside.

If I could add a bit of balance to the feedback Paul -

Always enjoy reading your views and they are balanced, honest and well-written.

As a real ale drinker myself, I like hearing a line or two (not an A-Z of your day out) about which pubs you tried but I think your review of the first pub in Plymouth comes over as snobbish and derogatory. I know the pub in question as I live in Devon, and I think you’ve summed it up in a hurry and through beard-wearing, ale-tinted glasses.

Particularly as there’s every chance that, in ten years or so, the only pubs which we’ll be able to drink in will be a Wetherspoons or a cafe selling alcohol.

I know the obvious reply I’ll get - if you don’t want to read it all, don’t.

Thanks for all your reviews though!

If I could add a bit of balance to the feedback Paul -

Always enjoy reading your views and they are balanced, honest and well-written.

As a real ale drinker myself, I like hearing a line or two (not an A-Z of your day out) about which pubs you tried but I think your review of the first pub in Plymouth comes over as snobbish and derogatory. I know the pub in question as I live in Devon, and I think you’ve summed it up in a hurry and through beard-wearing, ale-tinted glasses.

Particularly as there’s every chance that, in ten years or so, the only pubs which we’ll be able to drink in will be a Wetherspoons or a cafe selling alcohol.

I know the obvious reply I’ll get - if you don’t want to read it all, don’t.

Thanks for all your reviews though!
From your experience does the pub generally serve good beer and was it likely a one off that the pint I had had been partially poured before I got served?
Plenty of micro pubs popping up on the scene - I think we'll all be safe in the knowledge that we'll still be able to find a drinking establishment to suit our needs. :)

Back
Top Bottom