Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - no.35 - Accrington Away

Thanks Paul.
As you’ve already stated, it wasn’t a great night, although not a total surprise.
AC are always a tough nut.
The loudmouth fan you highlighted was a few seats to my left, there always seems to be one or two, who insist on giving added “ support”.

It seemed to me that Matty T was pushed in the back just as he was going to head in what would have been our equalizer (which we didn't actually deserve), but that was watching on iFollow and I've not had the heart to watch the video over again. But of course I might have thought that because I didn't believe that he could possibly miss from there.

It seemed to me that Matty T was pushed in the back just as he was going to head in what would have been our equalizer (which we didn't actually deserve), but that was watching on iFollow and I've not had the heart to watch the video over again. But of course I might have thought that because I didn't believe that he could possibly miss from there.
I've watched it back and if there was a push it didn't seem much of a push at all and I would still have expected him to have scored quite easily.

Paul, my neighbour is a Sheffield wed supporter, and when they won there in November, it was a Saturday, but it certainly wasn't fine conditions, I remember him saying it chucked it down for most of the match and he got totally drenched. My link is not working, but simple search shows video on utube of a dark wet rainy match.

Just seen this: 'the crowd was 1,883'!! Blimey, that's back to 'Rochdale in Div 4 when football was quite unpopular in about 1978'! Kudos to Accy for being so good in those circumstances.

Paul, my neighbour is a Sheffield wed supporter, and when they won there in November, it was a Saturday, but it certainly wasn't fine conditions, I remember him saying it chucked it down for most of the match and he got totally drenched. My link is not working, but simple search shows video on utube of a dark wet rainy match.
I will have to question my mate who said he had checked this. :)

Just seen this: 'the crowd was 1,883'!! Blimey, that's back to 'Rochdale in Div 4 when football was quite unpopular in about 1978'! Kudos to Accy for being so good in those circumstances.
Only just over 1,500 home fans but they still make a real noise and provide passionate support. 2011 census has the population of Accy as 35,456. Smaller than a fair few Oxfordshire towns.

I wonder if that was the smallest league gate we've played in front of since we got back in the Football League?

Only just over 1,500 home fans but they still make a real noise and provide passionate support. 2011 census has the population of Accy as 35,456. Smaller than a fair few Oxfordshire towns.

I wonder if that was the smallest league gate we've played in front of since we got back in the Football League?
I don’t think you have to look very far.

It was at a place called Accrington in 2015 - and we lost that one too on a cold wet Tuesday night.

just 1,065 saw it.

Well, no, we have played quite a few with smaller attendances over the last 2 years.... ;)

And the special Friday Badge of Pedantry goes to @SteMerritt !
oscars-gifs-eddie-redmayne.gif

I don’t think you have to look very far.

It was at a place called Accrington in 2015 - and we lost that one too on a cold wet Tuesday night.

just 1,065 saw it.

I knew we'd had small gates there before but hadn't realised it was that low that evening. Pretty sure I was there.

Back
Top Bottom