Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.3 - Charlton at home

Isn't life grand! Go to the game, shout my head off and come home with what Mrs Lounger calls "my football voice" and then Sunday read all the reports and watch out for Mr B's write up. How we've missed going to a game.

Stockley? Yes, agree with you Paul, should have seen another yellow and then red. He was losing it quite badly and I was surprised the ref let him get away with it. Still, we won, 3 points. And another game on Tuesday! Life is grand.

Thanks Paul, great to be back, but by gum it is hard work and stressful this going to a game malarkey and getting to grips with IT on purchasing away tickets.

Our stadium must have weird acoustics, from the back of the East Stand only heard the Charlton fans a couple of times. Wasn't impressed by them at all.

Also, these days their fans aren't from just south of the Thames. 90% of them are bussed in from crappy sattelite towns in Kent. Everyone I've met from deep south is Wall through and through, they actually, weirdly, have plenty of fans who were brought up in Charlton. They're a proper nothing club who had a little run in the Premier League. Palace and Millwall view them as the embarassment they are, most "wannabe" football club going.

Our stadium must have weird acoustics, from the back of the East Stand only heard the Charlton fans a couple of times. Wasn't impressed by them at all.

Also, these days their fans aren't from just south of the Thames. 90% of them are bussed in from crappy sattelite towns in Kent. Everyone I've met from deep south is Wall through and through, they actually, weirdly, have plenty of fans who were brought up in Charlton. They're a proper nothing club who had a little run in the Premier League. Palace and Millwall view them as the embarassment they are, most "wannabe" football club going.
I think it a great pity that you should take time out to diss what appears to be a perfectly decent club. Viewed as an embarrassment by Palace and Millwall? Really?

I’d view Millwall as the embarrassing little club! Not sure what they’ve ever done over the years 🤷‍♂️

I get your drift sir but this was as in where the club is based. But it does annoy me when commentators say for example there's loads of Newcastle fans in London for a midweek game who "have travelled down from the North East" when truth be told about half of them probably live down south now.

Yeah. Do you clean yr teeth with a comb?

Another dumb contraction. Like 'Smackover' for 'chemin-couvert'. I'm out.

Utter nonsense. Your knowledge of SE London is basically zero.

Anyway. You're really pretty good. Just don't let anyone know I said so.

May you live forever.

Back
Top Bottom