Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.29 - Lincoln away

cheers for another insightful FV @Paul B ..... I too hope the last 2 games drop in form are a (temporary) blip

Thanks Paul, the standard of refereeing is becoming concerning. I'm sure it is getting worse, unless I'm just becoming a grumpy old git.
You referred to one or two incidents. There was another incident that was 100% yellow, when Maguane was coming out of defence in one of his purposeful strides only for Maguire (I think it was him) to cynically hack him down. Zero intention of getting the ball, a straight clip of the legs to stop our attack. Ref gave us a free kick but no yellow. It was a yellow all day long. To not give a yellow was just total incompetence.
What feed back do refs get from games (There is some report from the ref assessor).
Do they go on any training courses (Continuing Professional Standards etc)?
Do they watch back the whole video of the match they have just reffed so they can learn from their mistakes.
Do the clubs give genuine feedback 48 hours after a match (Sometime would need to be given to let people like Robbo calm down)
Do the refs meet up on a regular basis and discuss matters.
Or do they just sit at home between matches and go jogging to keep fit.

Better move on, there seems quite a bit of activity on another thread, anyone know what it is about?

Thanks Paul, the standard of refereeing is becoming concerning. I'm sure it is getting worse, unless I'm just becoming a grumpy old git.
You referred to one or two incidents. There was another incident that was 100% yellow, when Maguane was coming out of defence in one of his purposeful strides only for Maguire (I think it was him) to cynically hack him down. Zero intention of getting the ball, a straight clip of the legs to stop our attack. Ref gave us a free kick but no yellow. It was a yellow all day long. To not give a yellow was just total incompetence.
What feed back do refs get from games (There is some report from the ref assessor).
Do they go on any training courses (Continuing Professional Standards etc)?
Do they watch back the whole video of the match they have just reffed so they can learn from their mistakes.
Do the clubs give genuine feedback 48 hours after a match (Sometime would need to be given to let people like Robbo calm down)
Do the refs meet up on a regular basis and discuss matters.
Or do they just sit at home between matches and go jogging to keep fit.

Better move on, there seems quite a bit of activity on another thread, anyone know what it is about?
I agree the standard is absolutely awful. I know they can't explain every thing but some explanation afterwards may help us understand and we know they will miss things during a game but when we can see they are looking straight at an incident like the Maguire hack and don't produce a card there's no wonder they get abuse.

Cheers Paul, great report as usual. Coming out of the ground some Lincoln fans thought it was their player being sent off with the Kane incident, I haven't looked at it since but by the fact OUFC haven't appealed suggests it was justified. I do wonder if standards with the Ref's dropped during the time of no fans? It's weird that out of the last 4 or 5 ref's we've had Kettle looked the best of a bad bunch! As regards the game I think MAPP would have looked at the Cheltenham game and based his tactics on that and it worked.
Good result up the M40 and all maybe a distant memory.

Cheers Paul, great report as usual. Coming out of the ground some Lincoln fans thought it was their player being sent off with the Kane incident, I haven't looked at it since but by the fact OUFC haven't appealed suggests it was justified. I do wonder if standards with the Ref's dropped during the time of no fans? It's weird that out of the last 4 or 5 ref's we've had Kettle looked the best of a bad bunch! As regards the game I think MAPP would have looked at the Cheltenham game and based his tactics on that and it worked.

I don't have a problem with Kane's red card if Stockbridge had taken action on other bad challenges (such as the dangerous launch at Mark Sykes in the 1st half). As he didn't then Kane was harshly/wringly dealt with.

I can see why they might think that. Don't think he should have been though. Would he have been if it had been Kane who got there a split second the quickest instead of the other way round?

Back
Top Bottom