Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.28 - Cheltenham at home

Thanks Paul, another fine report. I entirely agree with your impatience about the "well you can't expect us to play as well as we did against Wimbledon" twaddle. Why not??!

Yes 4 minutes of added time was a total farce. Both officials, the ref and 4th official, should be embarrassed with their incompetence and general disregard to officiating leading to a fair game of football.
Apparently time is only added on for a goal for an "excessive" goal celebration / "significant delay to restart" following a goal. So perhaps our goal didn't lead to any added time because we got the ball back to centre spot quite quickly.

What I would like to see is some recognition by the ref of time wasting, by raising his arm and indicating to 4th official to add on 30 seconds. This then becomes transparent and more accurate. Then after 4 of these occurrences each further transgression leads to a booking.
They should also stipulate what constitutes time wasting by the keeper (that list is endless!!)

Yes 4 minutes of added time was a total farce. Both officials, the ref and 4th official, should be embarrassed with their incompetence and general disregard to officiating leading to a fair game of football.
Apparently time is only added on for a goal for an "excessive" goal celebration / "significant delay to restart" following a goal. So perhaps our goal didn't lead to any added time because we got the ball back to centre spot quite quickly.

What I would like to see is some recognition by the ref of time wasting, by raising his arm and indicating to 4th official to add on 30 seconds. This then becomes transparent and more accurate. Then after 4 of these occurrences each further transgression leads to a booking.
They should also stipulate what constitutes time wasting by the keeper (that list is endless!!)
Wasn't sure about the goal celebration thing - cheers

Thanks Paul, another fine report. I entirely agree with your impatience about the "well you can't expect us to play as well as we did against Wimbledon" twaddle. Why not??!
Well, because a) footballers aren't machines, and performances in sport vary unpredictably by the day, and b) we were playing a different team, one that stopped us playing the way we'd done on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom