Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.26 - Wigan at home

I’ve done no research either but I suspect that we could have got the game called off once Henry was injured, as we’d then have had fewer than 14 players. But a bit late then!

I suspect that Paul was suggesting that a couple of players (Mous and Agyei?) might have come over all faint the evening before (shithousery), thereby enabling us to get the called off.

Paul, re; vaccinations, as far as I’m aware it doesn’t stop it spreading or one catching it, so not sure where you’re coming from by your comments?

By the way I’ve had my 2 vaccinations and having booster Tuesday

Agree with you as to why this game wasn’t called off though.

Also, really annoyed we seemed to want to break up the game with injuries etc, especially after getting it back to 2-2. I felt at this point there was only one winner, us, but if we did play this shithousery/dark arts game then it certainly went against us.

Paul, re; vaccinations, as far as I’m aware it doesn’t stop it spreading or one catching it, so not sure where you’re coming from by your comments?

My understanding is that with a vaccination your chance of getting COVID, or passing it on are reduced.
So based on that as Paul suggests, if you don't get the vaccination, you are increasing the risk of getting it yourself or infecting the other players.

Thanks Paul.
I spoke to quite a few people after the game and the general view was more that it was an excellent game and that we had played incredibly well considering...
I do take your point about cancelling the game, and yes if we didn't cancel it and could have done, maybe this was an error

Agree with you on the disappointing number of people not wearing masks when leaving their seats, not much to ask surely with everything going on.
Vast majority did have but needs to be everyone, I always suspect (but I’m not a scientist!) that non mask wearers pose much more of a threat to me than a normal Joe as they’re probably more liable to catch something themselves with their lack of concern.

Agree with you on the disappointing number of people not wearing masks when leaving their seats, not much to ask surely with everything going on.
Vast majority did have but needs to be everyone, I always suspect (but I’m not a scientist!) that non mask wearers pose much more of a threat to me than a normal Joe as they’re probably more liable to catch something themselves with their lack of concern.
You can always spot the non mask wearers in shops - nearly all men, often 'brooding loner' types or just cocky lads, probably not too bright. Yeah give them a wide berth!

Some people are just dirty bastards anyway. The amount of people having a P**s and then just wandering out of the the toilets without washing their hands is dreadful. Yeuchh.

Agree with you as to why this game wasn’t called off though.

Also, really annoyed we seemed to want to break up the game with injuries etc, especially after getting it back to 2-2. I felt at this point there was only one winner, us, but if we did play this shithousery/dark arts game then it certainly went against us.
No it doesn't stop it spreading nor catching it. But it reduces the chances. Hence commonsense to have the jabs imho. And if you catch Covid symptoms very unlikely to be as severe, I think that is pretty much a given in our understanding of it now. The more jabs the less it will spread. Just think what state we would be in now if no vaccine had been produced. And even if people test positive but are asymptomatic they have to (or are supposed to) isolate for 10 days. That impacts the whole economy including football.
The 25% EFL stat really pisses me off. That's where I am coming from as much as anything.
I bought a season ticket to watch our best team play, injuries permitting.

Some people are just dirty bastards anyway. The amount of people having a P**s and then just wandering out of the the toilets without washing their hands is dreadful. Yeuchh.
Absolutely agree.

I absolutely agree about the non-vaccinated players. I think fans' patience is wearing thin - the players get paid enough to play, so why fail to do something very straightforward, and so reduce your chances (and those of your team mates) of playing?

Although it's a fine call, I do think it was right to play the game. It is in the 'spirit of the game', a game that relies on entertaining the fans. And who knows - we may benefit if other clubs are beset by fixture congestion in April.

In terms of the dark arts, I draw a distinction between things like slowing the game down (it's up to the ref to police this), and blatant cheating, such as falling over when no foul has been committed, shirt pulling at corners and rolling around on the floor to try to get the opposition player booked. The new version appears to be feigning a head injury for any contact above the waist.

I absolutely agree about the non-vaccinated players. I think fans' patience is wearing thin - the players get paid enough to play, so why fail to do something very straightforward, and so reduce your chances (and those of your team mates) of playing?

Although it's a fine call, I do think it was right to play the game. It is in the 'spirit of the game', a game that relies on entertaining the fans. And who knows - we may benefit if other clubs are beset by fixture congestion in April.

In terms of the dark arts, I draw a distinction between things like slowing the game down (it's up to the ref to police this), and blatant cheating, such as falling over when no foul has been committed, shirt pulling at corners and rolling around on the floor to try to get the opposition player booked. The new version appears to be feigning a head injury for any contact above the waist.
This is something else I am in total agreement with. Very different things. See it regularly on Sky - a player gets tapped on the ankle and drops to the floor holding his head. When proven to have cheated should be banned for at least one game.

The 25% EFL stat really pisses me off. That's where I am coming from as much as anything.
I bought a season ticket to watch our best team play, injuries permitting.
Interesting that 94% of the players in the Bundesliga have been double vaccinated.
Why would the numbers be so different (or 7sit due to the clubs 'encouraging' more in Germany?)

Perhaps they belong to the school of thought that goes....I know where my privates have been, but not what I've touched, and therefore I wash my hands before I have a pee.
?????
And exactly how many times do you see anyone wash their hands before? Besides (as with other things) it's really a courtesy (and more) to others so that they don't have to touch handles/railings/money that have previously been touched by people who've been to the loo and are too idle to wash their hands.

Why are you peeing on your hand in the first place that you need to wash it off?

Don’t people shower before they leave the house to come to football? My cock is spotless at games, least I can do.

Hardly saw anyone wearing a mask in the east stand on Saturday, but we do have nice clean genitals unlike south standers who can’t even touch there’s without needing to wash there hands with cold water after.

Back
Top Bottom