Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.26 - Wigan at home

Don’t people shower before they leave the house to come to football? My cock is spotless at games, least I can do.

Hardly saw anyone wearing a mask in the east stand on Saturday, but we do have nice clean genitals unlike south standers who can’t even touch there’s without needing to wash there hands with cold water after.
Provided you holdsteady you'll be fine.

Question – how many people would willingly shake hands with someone who they had just seen sticking them down their pants and grabbing hold of their genitals. Presumably some would be happy with it as long as no pee was involved and there had been a pre-match shower or bath involved.:)

Question – how many people would willingly shake hands with someone who they had just seen sticking them down their pants and grabbing hold of their genitals. Presumably some would be happy with it as long as no pee was involved and there had been a pre-match shower or bath involved.:)

Unless they had been doing a Gavin aka windmilling.

After observing that the hand sanitiser station seems to be for my exclusive use and that mask wearing was close to non existent, I decided that the chance of fellow fans taking a lateral flow or not going to the match if ill was very low, so I decided to stay safe and not go to Saturday's game. It seems we have also just given one of our major rivals three points when we didn't have to play the game. Stupid. As for unvaccinated players, they are IMO treating society, their fellow players and fans with contempt. Rant over have a good Xmas Paul really enjoy your reports.

After observing that the hand sanitiser station seems to be for my exclusive use and that mask wearing was close to non existent, I decided that the chance of fellow fans taking a lateral flow or not going to the match if ill was very low, so I decided to stay safe and not go to Saturday's game. It seems we have also just given one of our major rivals three points when we didn't have to play the game. Stupid. As for unvaccinated players, they are IMO treating society, their fellow players and fans with contempt. Rant over have a good Xmas Paul really enjoy your reports.
I agree about our fans, but really we very nearly got a point and could well have won a game that would always have been difficult, so I don’t think it was a mistake to play the game. Not that it’s meant to be a matter of choice.

This is a really important post. The selfishness of some of our supporters means another, more at risk supporter had decided not to attend a game. This is wrong. How many more are there like this?

I thought the request of the club was proportionate and fair.

Last edited:
This is a really important post. The selfishness of some of our supporters means another, more at risk supporter had decided not to attend a game. This is wrong. How many more are there like this?

I thought the request of the club was proportional and fair.

Thanks for thought but nothing will change. Sounds like there was no enforcement of what was a law on facemasks by the club. There were in fact four of us in our season ticket group who decided not to go.

I thought the request of the club was proportional and fair.

• "Face coverings are now compulsory when inside the stadium with the exception of when eating or drinking or when seated in the stadium bowl." Should have been enforced by the stewards? I think so.

• "Face coverings are now compulsory when inside the stadium with the exception of when eating or drinking or when seated in the stadium bowl." Should have been enforced by the stewards? I think so.
None of the regulations are enforced anywhere, that's the trouble. At the doctor's today a tough and angry looking guy came in without one and I thought better of saying anything. I couldn't expect the receptionist to challenge him.

I think the Government should scrap the 10,000 attendance rule which is arbitrary and nonsensical. I would also drop the Covid passport rule and make it compulsory for all fans to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 24 hours of the game. Face coverings should also be mandatory in the concourses and enforced by better stewarding.

I think the Government should scrap the 10,000 attendance rule which is arbitrary and nonsensical. I would also drop the Covid passport rule and make it compulsory for all fans to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 24 hours of the game. Face coverings should also be mandatory in the concourses and enforced by better stewarding.
The problem with the lateral flow tests (apart from availability) is that it is really easy to not bother to take the test at all, just scan the QR code and report it as a negative. Or if an actual negative test stick was required to be shown, just dig one up that you took weeks ago when you were negative or get someone else to do it for you etc etc. So I suspect those who routinely take a test before going out (or to games) will still do so. Those who, for one reason or another, won't take a test and think it's all a storm in a teacup will just cheat the system.

At least proof of vaccination is harder (nowhere near impossible, mind you!) to fake. And maybe it would persuade a few big men who are scared of a little needle that they'd have to brave the jab if they wanted to watch football (I do of course accept that some cannot have the jab for genuine medical reasons, but don't believe that describes the majority of the unjabbed). From what I have read, those vaccinated - especially with a third jab - are much less likely to be severely ill and because they are not so full of virus are not so likely to pass it on to others.

It's a bit strange really, went to the Rugby and there was a Covid Pass check before you got in, and mask compliance was well over 80%, went to the Theatre and it was pushing 100% for masks unless the customer had a valid exemption with active management by the staff.

Maybe it's the make-up of the audience with football attracting more "indestructible lads" than other events?

Oh, and the Gents at both venues were clean, maintained and had hot water, soap, hand driers and sanitiser............. :)

Back
Top Bottom