Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.15 - Shrewsbury at home

As per, can't disagree with anything there Paul. The murmurings around us in our side of the SSU were of dissatisfaction with the football on display and the opinion, albeit said quietly, that we could cock this up and concede, if we weren't careful. The switch of sides for Sykes and Whyte brought rewards and was greeted with talk of why he (Whyte) isn't played on his familiar side?
A lot of talk about lack of attendees at the moment, frankly, looking at what is on offer, can anyone blame folk for not turning out on a wet dark autumnal evening?

perhaps the leaks in the roof over the directors might just spur things on a bit quicker

I fully agree with your comments regarding covid , I had a anti body test done after my first jab, and had a result that showed I had in excess of 2600 things in my blood, I am involved in a clinical trial to see the effectiveness of vaccination in lymphoma patients and in the summer I had 6000+ thingys, my latest blood test showed that many of the thingys had gone walkabout and I now have 2400 of them, many active lymphoma patients didn’t have any after their first vaccination, which just adds body to the fact that the “I’ been vaccinated so I can do what I want” argument dosnt hold water
The future for football is still murky

As per, can't disagree with anything there Paul. The murmurings around us in our side of the SSU were of dissatisfaction with the football on display and the opinion, albeit said quietly, that we could cock this up and concede, if we weren't careful. The switch of sides for Sykes and Whyte brought rewards and was greeted with talk of why he (Whyte) isn't played on his familiar side?
A lot of talk about lack of attendees at the moment, frankly, looking at what is on offer, can anyone blame folk for not turning out on a wet dark autumnal evening?

Guilty for non-attendance, sorry, I decided not to do a four hour round trip and stay in the warmth and watch it on ifollow.
As I was waiting for the second half to start on "live??" ifollow, before we even kicked off, hey presto the phone alert advised Sykes had scored! So 1-0 up without a ball being kicked in the second half!!
During the game I do put the phone away so I don't get the alerts, but with it being half time I was sharing the despair of the godawful first half display.

Guilty for non-attendance, sorry, I decided not to do a four hour round trip and stay in the warmth and watch it on ifollow.
As I was waiting for the second half to start on "live??" ifollow, before we even kicked off, hey presto the phone alert advised Sykes had scored! So 1-0 up without a ball being kicked in the second half!!
During the game I do put the phone away so I don't get the alerts, but with it being half time I was sharing the despair of the godawful first half display.
Oh yes, that dreaded time lapse. Got to a point where it was a religion to put phones, tablets anything, out of earshot or turn off the alerts. I remember flying back from Spain one time, right around game time. No news at all on the plane and then into arrivals, turn on phone and the bloody thing went berserk! All advertising the fact that we had conceded, not once but three times! It's a wonder we didn't get pulled in customs the way we were acting so oddly!

I can’t see many people coming from Notts midweek for a rainy low key game like that. It was just round the corner for me and I enjoyed it. We have to see exiles as a bonus and focus on getting local people to attend regularly. We took a lapsed fan who doesn’t really like the ground - he enjoyed it and maybe we’ll be able to get him back more regularly.

Don't think you should feel any guilt whatsoever.

perhaps the leaks in the roof over the directors might just spur things on a bit quicker

I fully agree with your comments regarding covid , I had a anti body test done after my first jab, and had a result that showed I had in excess of 2600 things in my blood, I am involved in a clinical trial to see the effectiveness of vaccination in lymphoma patients and in the summer I had 6000+ thingys, my latest blood test showed that many of the thingys had gone walkabout and I now have 2400 of them, many active lymphoma patients didn’t have any after their first vaccination, which just adds body to the fact that the “I’ been vaccinated so I can do what I want” argument dosnt hold water
The future for football is still murky
I just wish people would grasp this fact. Good look with future thingys.

I can’t see many people coming from Notts midweek for a rainy low key game like that. It was just round the corner for me and I enjoyed it. We have to see exiles as a bonus and focus on getting local people to attend regularly. We took a lapsed fan who doesn’t really like the ground - he enjoyed it and maybe we’ll be able to get him back more regularly.
I travelled up from our house in Kent and then carried on to our house in Nottingham after the game, does that count?

Although, come to think of it, I must be mad!!!

I travelled up from our house in Kent and then carried on to our house in Nottingham after the game, does that count?

That counts in the very best way possible. I love it that fans travel mad vast differences to get to even lets face it pretty mundane home games. That separates the men from the boys, the big game away sorts from the "Barrow on a Tuesday night" ers. And no way do I mean to get into a debate about which fans are better than which other fans.

Oh yes, that dreaded time lapse. Got to a point where it was a religion to put phones, tablets anything, out of earshot or turn off the alerts. I remember flying back from Spain one time, right around game time. No news at all on the plane and then into arrivals, turn on phone and the bloody thing went berserk! All advertising the fact that we had conceded, not once but three times! It's a wonder we didn't get pulled in customs the way we were acting so oddly!
I can beat that...once signed up for an SMS goals service back in 2000 (that season) to keep track of the Millwall game when at work. Went through an area with low reception and when I came back my phone nearly exploded. 5-0 without reply and I paid by message as well!

THAts great and I hope you enjoyed it in a mad way but we shouldn’t base our business model on people like you!

That counts in the very best way possible. I love it that fans travel mad vast differences to get to even lets face it pretty mundane home games. That separates the men from the boys, the big game away sorts from the "Barrow on a Tuesday night" ers. And no way do I mean to get into a debate about which fans are better than which other fans.
Of course the upside is that, as I've based myself in Nottingham this week, I've only got a 25 mile journey to Burton on Saturday. There are sometimes advantages to being a two house w****r!!!

Back
Top Bottom