Fan's View Fan's View 2021/22 - No.20 - FA Cup Rd 1 replay - Bristol Rovers away

I am frustrated we do not appear to have approached the Cup competitions in a professional manner this season. The fans love a good cup run, it is good publicity for the club, it makes money and when we beat a team from higher division it creates memories and attracts new fans.
QPR away we played a much weakened team (with that good young prospect out of his depth at RB) that significantly reduced our chances of winning and progressing.
FA Cup - If we had approached the Bristol Rovers game with professionalism we would have won after 90 minutes of football. Then faced Sutton, and similar approach could have won in 90 minutes. So after a total of 180 minutes of football we could have been in round 3 facing one of the big boys. But NO, after 210 minutes (30 minutes more!) we are dumped out in round 1 after two shambolic performances.
KR can faff about with the Pizza Cup all he likes, but I DO expect our club to treat the League/Milk/Carabao Cup & FA Cup with respect.

Very good overview Paul. Saturday will be interesting after one of the worst capitulations that I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom