Fan's View Fan's View 2019/20 No.2 - Pre-season pt2

I don’t particularly care for Darryl Eales. I called it out when he arrived and got canned for it on here. He was, like any good investment banker, good at schmoozing his key stakeholders. But nobody held a gun to Tigers head.

Stewart Donald saw the terms of sale for what they were and avoided it like the plague.

The sale took forever, whilst we as a club tanked downwards, and the reason it took forever was because Darryl was working out how to screw the most out of Tiger (read oufc) and Tiger was working out how to buy a club with no financial backers whilst committing no upfront cash.

He found away to trade off future oxford United assets against his current purchase, buying his way into a club he didn’t want for anything else but as a property pawn against the council. He then sought backers, very wealthy property investors , who looked to join in anticipation of future fruit. None are willing to commit funds to keep Whyte or Nelson, or get us to the championship, as that’s not the strategy.

That’s why we have never heard the strategy, because it would be PR suicide to own up to it.

This summer was the acid test. Fail. Two players in and eight senior pros out. KR forced to negotiate on a shoe string whilst a wealthy board of property moguls ignores our reality.

Meanwhile we lost decent football people off the board like that nice young man from sky. I’d love to hear the inside scoop from him and I hope oxvox have asked him for his opinions. Football people out. Property people in.

Tiger may not be a bad human. But equally he may not be at oufc for the same reasons we all are.

Don’t you mean the Sartori takeover? Or was that all a smokescreen ?

Don’t you mean the Sartori takeover? Or was that all a smokescreen ?
The situation at Sunderland is the situation we would’ve ended up with here. Sartori would’ve been no more involved day to day here than he is there. Charlie got apoplectic when I mentioned I’d heard he was going to be Chief Exec here, and that’s why he was so particularly butthurt over its failure to materialise. I believe he called me an idiot or words to that effect. Then the same team of people buys Sunderland and he ends up in exactly that role. Everything you see there is what we would’ve had here.

So based on my earlier thinking that trade debtors at June 2018 were less than amounts due on the secured loans, is it possible that selling Whyte is enough to clear off the secured debt ?

I don’t particularly care for Darryl Eales. I called it out when he arrived and got canned for it on here. He was, like any good investment banker, good at schmoozing his key stakeholders. But nobody held a gun to Tigers head.

Stewart Donald saw the terms of sale for what they were and avoided it like the plague.

The sale took forever, whilst we as a club tanked downwards, and the reason it took forever was because Darryl was working out how to screw the most out of Tiger (read oufc) and Tiger was working out how to buy a club with no financial backers whilst committing no upfront cash.

He found away to trade off future oxford United assets against his current purchase, buying his way into a club he didn’t want for anything else but as a property pawn against the council. He then sought backers, very wealthy property investors , who looked to join in anticipation of future fruit. None are willing to commit funds to keep Whyte or Nelson, or get us to the championship, as that’s not the strategy.

That’s why we have never heard the strategy, because it would be PR suicide to own up to it.

This summer was the acid test. Fail. Two players in and eight senior pros out. KR forced to negotiate on a shoe string whilst a wealthy board of property moguls ignores our reality.

Meanwhile we lost decent football people off the board like that nice young man from sky. I’d love to hear the inside scoop from him and I hope oxvox have asked him for his opinions. Football people out. Property people in.

Tiger may not be a bad human. But equally he may not be at oufc for the same reasons we all are.

Or compare everything under Tiger / Eales OUFC ownership with what our friends in the North are doing at Sunderland. Their fans should be as bitter as we are at oufc about this blatant cash flip, but they don’t care as long as the list of next sugar daddies takes over and keeps funding.

So based on my earlier thinking that trade debtors at June 2018 were less than amounts due on the secured loans, is it possible that selling Whyte is enough to clear off the secured debt ?
It all depends where the money ends up. Technically, it should all go into the designated account to pay off Ensco1070 however, if it doesn't and Eales decides to let it go (and thus earning interest at a compound 10%) then the debt just grows bigger.
As none of us a party to the OUFC accounts (not even sure the finance director has access!) we will never know.
What should happen is the debt to Ensco get's paid, asap. What's left belongs to the club (Tiger)

It all depends where the money ends up. Technically, it should all go into the designated account to pay off Ensco1070 however, if it doesn't and Eales decides to let it go (and thus earning interest at a compound 10%) then the debt just grows bigger.
As none of us a party to the OUFC accounts (not even sure the finance director has access!) we will never know.
What should happen is the debt to Ensco get's paid, asap. What's left belongs to the club (Tiger)

That’s a whole new aspect. The player income / transfer etc money that legally has to go into one bank account doesn’t ? Eales was clever enough to ensure that known cashflows coming in would be used to pay him off for the purchase price. Unlikely he would let those slip away into another account.

Or compare everything under Tiger / Eales OUFC ownership with what our friends in the North are doing at Sunderland. Their fans should be as bitter as we are at oufc about this blatant cash flip, but they don’t care as long as the list of next sugar daddies takes over and keeps funding.

Difference being that their overall debts have been massively reduced.

Ours are skyrocketing.

That’s a whole new aspect. The player income / transfer etc money that legally has to go into one bank account doesn’t ? Eales was clever enough to ensure that known cashflows coming in would be used to pay him off for the purchase price. Unlikely he would let those slip away into another account.
That would be the logical answer but, how come the debts listed are still so large? If the scheduled dates were being adhered to and, the incoming funds were paid on time, then I would have envisaged that Eales would have been paid off in full. The charge is still listed as active though at Company House. OUFC or Tiger were daft enough not to pay HMRC on time, would they have any problem not paying Eales? I don't know the answer but it does look very odd.

Difference being that their overall debts have been massively reduced.

Ours are skyrocketing.

Well Ellis Short wrote off his debt on the takeover. So basically gave away the club to anyone willing to fund the losses. Same as Donald did with Eastleigh.
Left someone else to carry the can.

Well Ellis Short wrote off his debt on the takeover. So basically gave away the club to anyone willing to fund the losses. Same as Donald did with Eastleigh.
Left someone else to carry the can.

Exactly!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom