Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.49 - Plymouth at home

A very small point but Rad Ox were wrong about Sykes as he had a cut which is why he needed treatment.

Thanks Paul
The ref - Huxtable, yes a recognizable character. But I think he is a good ref. He seems to keep control of games, eg both games v Plymouth this year, which he has been in the middle, have been good games of football. He doesn't want to become the centre of attention. Compare that to Kettle, whenever he is the ref, the game deteriorates into a shambles.
He lives in North Devon so I understand he is appointed ref for several of Plymouth home games, therefore you would think when he gets a game at Oxford, they would avoid it being Plymouth.
As to ifollow, those replays are doing my head in. Why bother having replays during the game. When we are live at a game, we don't have replays, so in my view we don't need them now. Keep them to half-time or at the end.

Thanks Paul
The ref - Huxtable, yes a recognizable character. But I think he is a good ref. He seems to keep control of games, eg both games v Plymouth this year, which he has been in the middle, have been good games of football. He doesn't want to become the centre of attention. Compare that to Kettle, whenever he is the ref, the game deteriorates into a shambles.
He lives in North Devon so I understand he is appointed ref for several of Plymouth home games, therefore you would think when he gets a game at Oxford, they would avoid it being Plymouth.
As to ifollow, those replays are doing my head in. Why bother having replays during the game. When we are live at a game, we don't have replays, so in my view we don't need them now. Keep them to half-time or at the end.
... agree 100% @NottsYellow

I would agree in part. If it were a case that the replays were timed properly, relevant to the game and did not interfere with the ongoing action, then, maybe they would be worthwhile. As it is, currently, they are so intrusive as to spoil the enjoyment. I have lost count of how many times Mrs lounger and I have been hurling abuse at iFollow to get back to the game. It's made so much more of an irritation when Radox, who are not seeing the replays, continue with their commentary in the belief that we can see what's happening.
Add to that the poor quality of the picture along with the single camera angle and, as @Paul B pointed out, the bloody camera man had gone for a leak and a pint mid-way through the game!
So, I guess I'm actually agreeing, no replays.

Replays are fine - and in fact a good thing - after a goal (when there is time to show them without overlapping with the action), but apart from that I agree.

I thought the ref was good, but maybe just because neither team behaved like arses. Plymouth manager seemed an intelligent and decent guy, I guess that’s reflected in how the team plays. Total opposite to Gills.

With reference to the Sykes injury or any injury to our players when there is a break in play
What bothers me is that every time this happens the opposition to a man go for drinks and talk to the manager
We on the other hand may get 5 at most around KR. The obvious time recently when this cost us was vWinbledon
As Henry was being sent off KR should have either made a substitution straight away or got everyone around him to tell them how to reorganise
There are so many times that we have an opportunity to talk to players but don’t seem to bother. I’m not talking Graham Westley here but surely we can regroup better when there is a chance

Back
Top Bottom