Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.44 - Accrington at home

Agree with that Paul
Would like to see the young players given a try and we may as well send back the loan players unless we may be looking at them for next season.
Would also like to see Clare back he has real pace and played in the correct position could be a handful.
I think Atkinson can also play left back he likes to get forward with the ball as we have seen so let’s have a look at Mc Nally and try things out

I, too, hope the management won’t be happy with mid-table placings in this league, as some contributors on this forum seem to be when they continually make excuses for our manager.
KR fails to make the best use of talented players: I’m sure the likes of Barker, Brannigan and Atkinson will look back on this period of their careers as wasted opportunity. His tactics and lack of awareness are, at times, staggering.

@Paul B - you can see it, we can see it. As you alluded to, Tiger can probably see it. The team is just not performing as per the script. The question is then, will it change? Will anything be changed?

Oh yes, iFollow. Replays. enough said.

Agree with all of that, thanks again for a good summary.
So there is a growing consensus that KR just hasn't achieved what we all hoped for. But I'm not optimistic that the current (or takeover) ownership will feel the need to do anything about it. As another poster pointed out, their main investment interest is in property development and related commercial opportunities. A manager on a long term contract achieving mid table stability is fine for that purpose.

So there is a growing consensus that KR just hasn't achieved what we all hoped for. But I'm not optimistic that the current (or takeover) ownership will feel the need to do anything about it. As another poster pointed out, their main investment interest is in property development and related commercial opportunities. A manager on a long term contract achieving mid table stability is fine for that purpose.
Kind of worrying then or if it were to be mid-table stability in the Championship then that would be different. Who actually came up with this "Top 30" ?

Mid table Championship maybe, not League 1.

Who actually came up with this "Top 30" ?
A great question.

Next season I would like whoever is in charge of the club to tell us their goals and targets going into it. We as supporters have no given right to know the ins and outs of every last detail relating to matters such as stadium plans and all the rest of it, but we do have every right to know their expectations when handing over many, many hundreds of pounds to attend games home and away. Fair is fair. We should be allowed to know what they class as success on the pitch, or at least what will be dubbed acceptable, because that way people can be held to account without people simply splitting into teams and shouting. Is it promotion? Is it playoffs? Is it to simply be competitive and finish as high as we can? Dress it up however you like, just say something so that people have a basic reference point and a target to measure results against. All we really heard this season was vague and wishy washy comments on the RadOx fans forum about “aiming for promotion”. McWilliams said it, Tiger said it - that’s all we had to go on. In that regard it looks like we’ve almost certainly come up short. So if they were sincere in their hopes and expectations, what do they feel went wrong and needs improving to give us a better opportunity next season, and what should we expect for 21/22 so that in a year’s time we can know whether or not we are performing as we’re expected to?

Of all the things I would personally like to see next season, it’s the removal of debate about whether or not we performed adequately that is at the top of my list. Take interpretation and speculation out of it and let people either deliver or be rightly and fairly held accountable for coming up short.

Spot on as usual Paul. Yes, a long, long way to go for this magic "top 30" level. Not for many years in my opinion as, until the stadium situation is sorted, we will limp along courtesy of "standing order" type injections of cash from the far east. If we owned the ground, not having to pay crazy rent & service costs, just think of the higher amounts we could spend on the quality of players needed to move us forwards. This latest McGuane news for example - yes he looked "good" on occasions but, come on, he could be yet another player who spends more of the season on the treatment table. we need better than him. Get the Kassam - comparative peanuts for the people who are linked to our club - stabilise over another couple of seasons & then, by all means during that time look at bigger development elsewhere - at least WE would have some equity to realise when such an opportunity might present itself.

You point out that it’s 6 years in the same league, that will be the longest run in the same division for a long time won’t it?

It matters little what new Owners etc state as we've seen and heard it all before with 5 year plans etc but then they're never around long enough to see it through for varying reasons.

As a fan do you withdraw your financial support if / when the plan doesn't come to fruition?

I've said many times there are no Guarantees in football and opportunity for promotion do not come along too often, the key surely is to embrace the opportunity when it does present itself.

Great write-up Paul, you are so good at being passionate but also measured and fair. You were saying all the things I was saying to myself, as I have to watch the games on my own, with no mates to mutter to during the match and discuss it afterwards. s**t, isn't it? Let's hope we can all go along in person next season.

We have too many has beens or past it players. The depth in squad is not good enough.

It’s quite evident that you cannot have Henry, Lee and Winnall in a team. They are too slow and laboured. Add to this Hall, Grayson and to a certain extent Hanson and you’re really going to struggle throughout the season.

Additionally, we never really addressed the full back positions, to not have a proper replacement for Ruffels was criminal.

I’m afraid the player recruitment was poor. We must address this early on this summer and be ready at the start of the season, not 3-4 weeks later picking up players that 5 seasons ago were great, but have either been injured or past it to then spend the next 4-6 weeks getting them up to some kind of match fitness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom