Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.37 - Swindon away

I was very critical of the playing surface at Milton Keynes but this was even worse. Disgracefully so. The commentators described it as a pudding. At times I thought I was watching golf with a player trying to get a wayward shot out of the bunker there was that much sand flying about.

I think a saw a video clip of what looked like a gritter from a company called Ecosolve Turfcare attached to a tractor spreading sand on the Cunty Ground pitch on twitter last evening. Can't find it now although there is this testimonial on Ecosolve's website.
"In the the years Ecosol [sic] have been with us, the stadium and training ground pitches have improved beyond all recognition.”
Marcus Cassidy, Swindon Town F.C."

Fucking pathetic or what?

I think a saw a video clip of what looked like a gritter from a company called Ecosolve Turfcare attached to a tractor spreading sand on the Cunty Ground pitch on twitter last evening. Can't find it now although there is this testimonial on Ecosolve's website.
"In the the years Ecosol [sic] have been with us, the stadium and training ground pitches have improved beyond all recognition.”
Marcus Cassidy, Swindon Town F.C."

f*****g pathetic or what?

They won L2 grounds Team of the year 2 years ago. Something is going very wrong there.

They won L2 grounds Team of the year 2 years ago. Something is going very wrong there.

Spending little money on it would be part of it. Also, John Sheridan might deliberate want it like that to use it to bring the opposition down to their level as Keith Curle did at Northampton.

Watching on iFollow it is hard to tell for sure though. We never get proper close up replays that prove things conclusively one way or another. What we get is replays of things we have no desire to see again when the fecking play is in progress. They’ve had long enough to sort this out but seem to get no better. Perhaps get the bloody producers to have a word with someone who actually understands the game, hey?
I was recently asked by the EFL to complete a survey on the subject of iFollow. Don't know if anyone else got this via email but I filled it in despite some of the questions bordering on the ridiculous.
When asked to rate the service from iFollow I listed the replay issue as one that irritated immensely, whether that gets any reaction is questionable.

Apparently the groundsman has cited Covid as the reason for the poor pitch. I wasn't aware that grass could suffer from a virus but, there you go!

I was recently asked by the EFL to complete a survey on the subject of iFollow. Don't know if anyone else got this via email but I filled it in despite some of the questions bordering on the ridiculous.
When asked to rate the service from iFollow I listed the replay issue as one that irritated immensely, whether that gets any reaction is questionable.

Apparently the groundsman has cited Covid as the reason for the poor pitch. I wasn't aware that grass could suffer from a virus but, there you go!

Yes, I got that survey and filled it in. I reckon they could have halved the survey and got the same information as some of the questions were asking the same question in a slightly different way repeatedly.

Last edited:

Yep. Took bloody ages.

Intrusive replays and equally intrusive ,nonsensical, adverts(pre match & at ht) two of my main annoyances with ifollow

In terms of the game, I was struck by just how poor Swindon looked as a team. Slow, unambitious and technically limited. However, always advisable to remember that such sides can always score a goal (or two)...

Yes, I got that survey and filled it in. I reckon they could have halved the survey and got the same information as some of the questions were asking the same question in a slightly different way repeatedly.

It's probably a scam, something like the The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory which asks loads of questions in slightly different ways to create a 'personality inventory'. I rather like these sorts of thing, I failed one in 'israel' a couple of decades ago because it said I was a psychopath; actually it was because I'd been up all night reading Eric Ambler books on the plane. Didn't stop them giving me the job though after I pointed out to the CEO that his entire country was a psychopathic institution.

Yep I got it as well.

Having been through psychometric analysis at work for a promotion I stuck to my guns.

"You can put as many holes above the waterline as you wish, it`s the ones below it that sink the ship". :ROFLMAO:

It's probably a scam, something like the The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory which asks loads of questions in slightly different ways to create a 'personality inventory'. I rather like these sorts of thing, I failed one in 'israel' a couple of decades ago because it said I was a psychopath; actually it was because I'd been up all night reading Eric Ambler books on the plane. Didn't stop them giving me the job though after I pointed out to the CEO that his entire country was a psychopathic institution.
OOH antisemitic, are you Jeremy Corbyn?

Speaking to a Swindon speaking mate today, he said he can cope with the fact they are crap, they have been in the past, But, he said, this lot made no attempt to play any football at all. It has been a painful watch for him.
He won't be renewing his season ticket at least as long as Sheridan is in charge

Speaking to a Swindon speaking mate today, he said he can cope with the fact they are crap, they have been in the past, But, he said, this lot made no attempt to play any football at all. It has been a painful watch for him.
He won't be renewing his season ticket at least as long as Sheridan is in charge
Blimey! I didn't know they had their own language too! (or is that how their grunts etc are described?)

Probably goes deeper than Sheridan who has only been there 4 months. Certainly wouldn't want him as our manager though. Don't know if any manager could get them playing football on that pitch. And then there's the ownership and financial issues.

Ox Blogger spotted this

Looking back at replays, Sykes was very lucky not to get a red.

Jesus , the whinging . I Follow is fine, think it’s good value and I’m sure it will return next season. However:

That dad in the Screwfix ad shows distinct Mike Salmon qualities

Thailand is truly amazing, every three days.

Mbappe is a better player in virtual reality than he was last night.

That music accompanying the illegal streaming message is scary.

The estate agency ad . 4 kids, how’s he going to afford to move house? An animated cringe.

Looking back at replays, Sykes was very lucky not to get a red.

Jesus , the whinging . I Follow is fine, think it’s good value and I’m sure it will return next season. However:

That dad in the Screwfix ad shows distinct Mike Salmon qualities

Thailand is truly amazing, every three days.

Mbappe is a better player in virtual reality than he was last night.

That music accompanying the illegal streaming message is scary.

The estate agency ad . 4 kids, how’s he going to afford to move house? An animated cringe.
Tim, you seem to be more easily satisfied than many. "Fine" is not how I'd describe it. They've had a long time to get their act together. Supply and demand of course so happy to pay it. But what an outcry from the Prem league types when they were asked to pay £15 a game for a product that in theory is way superior to the one we pay a tenner for.

Probably goes deeper than Sheridan who has only been there 4 months. Certainly wouldn't want him as our manager though. Don't know if any manager could get them playing football on that pitch. And then there's the ownership and financial issues.

Ox Blogger spotted this
We need Power to stay in control for a few more years to really f**k Swindon up.

Back
Top Bottom