Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.35 - Peterborough at home

Good write up as usual.
Like you, I really enjoyed watching that game.
Peterborough are a very good side and we pretty much matched them.
Those injuries though ...
The more information we get about those injuries the more it points to no chance of promotion. We are not going to have any strength to bring off the bench nor the bodies to give those who are knackered a rest.

what happened ( or is happening-if anything?) with the sports science that was being utilised by OUFC under IL's tenure?... injuries were less often, less serious, and if injuries were sustained, recovery time was considerably quicker... or that's how it seemed at the time..... whereas this season certainly, & yes two games a week, pretty much every week is a factor, picking up injuries, that hang around like a bad smell -when the winds blowing in a certain direction at the breeze block - seem to be a lot more common... has the sports science system been binned off now?

Was an enjoyable game of end-to-end football and Dembele was very impressive for Posh, and a point to the league leaders unbeaten in six is not to be sniffed at.

The 5 subs rule is still taking me time to get used to as it does provide a bit more flexibility in when to bring players on (assuming they aren't for inury replacements) so rather than the traditional double change on 60 minutes or 70 minutes, there is opportunity to make two lots of second half subs. I think the Agyei/Shodipo double on 82 minutes was a bit too late for them to make an impact.

I believe a lot of the injuries in general are down to the swift relentless turnaround of fixtures plus the short pre season. Nothing we can do I guess , but we are making a decent fist so far. Interesting game last night , really enjoyed it. Good Stevens performance.

I believe a lot of the injuries in general are down to the swift relentless turnaround of fixtures plus the short pre season. Nothing we can do I guess , but we are making a decent fist so far. Interesting game last night , really enjoyed it. Good Stevens performance.
Agree about the relentless turnaround but wonder how other clubs have been impacted. I'd be surprised if many rivals have such a lot of first teamers out.

Agree about the relentless turnaround but wonder how other clubs have been impacted. I'd be surprised if many rivals have such a lot of first teamers out.

Off the top of my head; Lincoln have 5 or so significant players out (certainly Jorge Grant and Liam Bridcutt) with a few not fully fit after being injured, Hull City have recently had a number unavailable, Ipswich have had a fair few out since Christmas iirc, Bristol Rovers had a recent spell with plenty out.

I don't think we are any different to other teams in this regard,

Off the top of my head; Lincoln have 5 or so significant players out (certainly Jorge Grant and Liam Bridcutt) with a few not fully fit after being injured, Hull City have recently had a number unavailable, Ipswich have had a fair few out since Christmas iirc, Bristol Rovers had a recent spell with plenty out.

I don't think we are any different to other teams in this regard,
Suppose that makes me feel a little better about it all. Cheers. I was too lazy to look it up.

Back
Top Bottom