Fan's View Fan's View 20/21 - No.21 - Blackpool away

We did go on Tuesday and enjoyed ourselves with a win and from seeing some football, live, in the ground. That only 1036 turned up was a surprise to us. We thought that given the outpouring of disquiet at the ticketing, more fans would have said, sod the boycott, let's go watch a game.

Individual choice and not something we are concerned with, we just thought that, as we had gone to Wembley twice, boycotting the earlier rounds didn't make a lot of sense. I have to admit your view of not attending until all the U21/academy sides had been ejected probably justifies not going in some way.

Todays game was, at best, a point. We still spent some considerable time screaming at the TV screen hoping that our boys would start playing football. All to no avail. There we were again, passes going astray, not covering back, no meaningful attacks and no service to Taylor who, later in the second half, appeared more and more tracking back to pick up balls to cross to, errm, himself?

And why oh why can't we take a throw in? I'm so fed up repeating that.

Oh yes, bloody inconsistent ref. - again.

We did go on Tuesday and enjoyed ourselves with a win and from seeing some football, live, in the ground. That only 1036 turned up was a surprise to us. We thought that given the outpouring of disquiet at the ticketing, more fans would have said, sod the boycott, let's go watch a game.

Individual choice and not something we are concerned with, we just thought that, as we had gone to Wembley twice, boycotting the earlier rounds didn't make a lot of sense. I have to admit your view of not attending until all the U21/academy sides had been ejected probably justifies not going in some way.

Todays game was, at best, a point. We still spent some considerable time screaming at the TV screen hoping that our boys would start playing football. All to no avail. There we were again, passes going astray, not covering back, no meaningful attacks and no service to Taylor who, later in the second half, appeared more and more tracking back to pick up balls to cross to, errm, himself?

And why oh why can't we take a throw in? I'm so fed up repeating that.

Oh yes, bloody inconsistent ref. - again.
We have been pretty crap at throw ins for years and years. I'm surprised there's not a lot more work put in to them given football is these days all about possession for most teams and there's way more throws than corners and goal-kicks during a game.

What gets me is the constant spurning of the forward pass in favour of the sideways and then usually backward pass. Nobody seems to back themselves to take any risks hence our very low scoring rate.

Back
Top Bottom