Fan's View 19/20 - Southend at home

Thanks Paul, usual entertainment. Looking forward to Shrewsbury, it forms part of our annual pilgrimage to visit friends in North Wales. Going to be an adventure this year, hotel in Shrewsbury is flooded and North Wales weather forecast is just a tad troubling! Hopefully, we can make it back for the MK Dons game!

Thank you Paul.
Agree re it being difficult to judge Agyei.
The crowd was OK on Saturday and hopefully with MK, Bristol Rovers, Pompey ( and hopefully am important last game v Bolton) they will improve.

Agyei is hard to judge, he looks like a talented non league player. He never seems to have the ball fully under control and is very unpredictable, which does make him hard to defend against. He’ll probably either become a cult hero or be shipped out to Boreham Wood.

Agyei is hard to judge, he looks like a talented non league player. He never seems to have the ball fully under control and is very unpredictable, which does make him hard to defend against. He’ll probably either become a cult hero or be shipped out to Boreham Wood.
Whatever level he ends up at, and whether he makes it here or not, he will always have been not the worst striker option we had this season. Anything else is a totally separate argument - he’ll always have shown that. He won’t be in the squad going forward anyway, now that Woodburn and Holland are back in contention. Look at the bench from yesterday and then look at those two - it’s pretty obvious who one of the two players making way for them is. Barring injuries and suspensions I think his season is pretty much over now.

But if that is the case, at least it should mean that nothing happened to my sexy, gorgeous Matthew. I would like to hear more just about him in all future FV articles. Ideally it would include notes on how sweaty he is at various points in the game, and a running tally displaying how many times he flashed his abs while wiping his face with his shirt.

He offers us something different, a bit of pace, unpredictable. He certainly changed the game at Burton, when we never looked like scoring until he entered the fray.
His unpredictability and running style reminds me of Chicken George (Lawrence)

He offers us something different, a bit of pace, unpredictable. He certainly changed the game at Burton, when we never looked like scoring until he entered the fray.
If he becomes half the player George Lawrence was (he is nowhere near at the moment) he will be some player.

I think the pitch had a more significant impact on our game than other factors. It was strangely dry and looked bizarrely underwatered. The ball was rolling rather than fizzing as we often see when the top surface is wet and after 10 minutes it had started to look a dull grey rather than the usual crisp white. Our passing game is more suited to a grassy slick surface and hopefully the fortnights rest will help it to recover.

Pitch, poolgate, nine games and a little complacency combined for is to be off it, but somehow thanks to Browns determination and I think a little touch if the head by Henry with Matts finishing and we got there. Onward to Shrewsbury.

He has pace but doesn’t seem to have much of a football brain. His movement, (or lack of it sometimes) off the ball is a little worrying. Watch this when we score the second against Southend. He doesn’t appear to have a striker’s instinct for moving into the right area(s) at the right time. Hopefully that’s down to lack of game time with the other forwards, and not anticipating their movements, but I’d really like him to get up to speed sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom