Fan's View 19/20 - Play-off semi-final first leg

Watching at home underscored two issues, firstly, not being able to control what one is viewing - I don't need a screen filled with either manager's face while the football is continuing nor banal and incorrect "facts" from the commentators and, secondly, being reminded why I don't drink a lot on match days! Those drink breaks saw a competition to get to the loo first!

But, isn't it good to watch our boys playing again.

Watching at home underscored two issues, firstly, not being able to control what one is viewing - I don't need a screen filled with either manager's face while the football is continuing nor banal and incorrect "facts" from the commentators and, secondly, being reminded why I don't drink a lot on match days! Those drink breaks saw a competition to get to the loo first!

But, isn't it good to watch our boys playing again.
Good point about the competition to get to the loo first. Three people, two toilets. On your marks, get set go. It's all about anticipation of the ref blowing his whistle.
I think I often automatically switch off from the banal comments and summaries.

Good point about the competition to get to the loo first. Three people, two toilets. On your marks, get set go. It's all about anticipation of the ref blowing his whistle.
I think I often automatically switch off from the banal comments and summaries.

As i said in another thread it was like the commentator had drawn the short straw and didn't really want to be there..There was no enthusiasm and making comments of offering to show famous faces among the cardboard fans if the game gets boring is un called for.
if they don't want to make an effort for games outside the top 2 leagues then let the free to air broadcasters have them.

I listened to the radio oxford commentary which was the usual high standard ,it was good to hear some familiar voices, although nick and Rosie were still here in Oxford, it didn’t appear to be a outstanding game , rather that it was two equally matched teams trying to work out what they should be doing, as for the other game comedy defending from Fleetwood

As i said in another thread it was like the commentator had drawn the short straw and didn't really want to be there..There was no enthusiasm and making comments of offering to show famous faces among the cardboard fans if the game gets boring is un called for.
if they don't want to make an effort for games outside the top 2 leagues then let the free to air broadcasters have them.
It pissed me off when the commentator said,something like "that's put down a deposit on the ticket Wembley" when Curtis scored. There was still two and a half ours to go then. He didn't have the courtesy to say that might be a wasted investment when Browne cancelled that out. Who was that commentator. Belittling football at our level is not on. If you want boring, the Everton v Liverpool game takes some beating.

It pissed me off when the commentator said,something like "that's put down a deposit on the ticket Wembley" when Curtis scored. There was still two and a half ours to go then. He didn't have the courtesy to say that might be a wasted investment when Browne cancelled that out. Who was that commentator. Belittling football at our level is not on. If you want boring, the Everton v Liverpool game takes some beating.
Commentator for Sky was Gary Weaver, one of the less, shall we say entertaining of their team? It's been said by critics that he has a very short list of stock phrases in a notebook by his side. Could do without his banal and uninformed comments.

Rob Palmer was commentator..Regardless of current circumstances not every game is going to have fans on the edge of seats, how many times have the vastly over hyped prem super sundays etc failed to live up to expectation but in all the years football has been on tv i can never recall a commentator adopting such a negative approach with talk of what they'll do if the game gets boring.

just seen manorlounger post maybe i got the name wrong..( if horseman can't be bothered to do his research he should not be posting ) :) :)

I listened to the RadOx commentary with the Sky pictures on. They weren't in synch (radio miles ahead) but I couldn't stand the TV commentary, which was awful.

Rob Palmer was commentator..Regardless of current circumstances not every game is going to have fans on the edge of seats, how many times have the vastly over hyped prem super sundays etc failed to live up to expectation but in all the years football has been on tv i can never recall a commentator adopting such a negative approach with talk of what they'll do if the game gets boring.

just seen manorlounger post maybe i got the name wrong..( if horseman can't be bothered to do his research he should not be posting ) :) :)
My bad, it was indeed Rob Palmer with Danny Gabbidon as a "pundit".

Also a bit cheapskate of sky to not have bothered to do a crowd noise stream. Is that true they are only paying the clubs 20 grand typical!

Also a bit cheapskate of sky to not have bothered to do a crowd noise stream. Is that true they are only paying the clubs 20 grand typical!
I've not seen any information on the amount Sky are paying. £20k sounds really mean.

Back
Top Bottom