Fan's View - 19/20 - Play-off Final

A night not to remember, didn’t turn up on the night, some really poor performance from our “big game” players, all this possession in our own half dosnt win games or creates goals or gets the other team defenders under pressure or turning , we have to dominate teams which I doubt u I s the way we are set up to play

Gutted to have not gone up but I will not cry over spilt milk, we go again.
Oxford till I die!

A night not to remember, didn’t turn up on the night, some really poor performance from our “big game” players, all this possession in our own half dosnt win games or creates goals or gets the other team defenders under pressure or turning , we have to dominate teams which I doubt u I s the way we are set up to play
We wouldn't be saying this though if Henry had shot and scored and if Browne had not been so stupid in stopping and moaning about a throw in that almost certainly wasn't.

It's the consequences of not getting promoted that concern me, what will become of the team and those players who want Championship football? (and an ambitious manager)

spot on overview @Paul B .... a bit more measured than anything I couldve come up with

disappointed, nonetheless I'll be following the mighty U's come the start of next season

It's the consequences of not getting promoted that concern me, what will become of the team and those players who want Championship football? (and an ambitious manager)
Maybe...but Covid will prove to be a great leveller in all this I reckon.

Champ players with ambitions to play in the Prem may not get their chance if clubs have to tighten belts. Granted, top 11 clubs in the Prem don't/didn't need crowds to make money, but even so it will decrease demand. Not to mention a fair few bloated Prem Academies being reduced to cut the fat.

There could well be a trickle down from there - less available in wages to offer, more players available for what will probably be smaller squads, not to mention the odd club finding themselves going out of business/into admin if they're lucky with resulting threadbare squads.

whatever happens, the normal rules have changed and unless players have cast iron deals already agreed, then may choose to stick, rather than twist. Same could go for KR....

As always @Paul B - great piece - thank you!

That moment [Henry’s] is going to haunt me...

There’s the rub, Paul. I spoke to an Oxford supporting friend yesterday and the first thing we said to each other was “why didn’t Henry shoot”. I know that moment will stay in my head forever, like John Shuker’s penalty miss at Leyton Orient last game of the season in what was it, 1976? We were relegated anyway but fine margins and all that.

Going forward, after the raw emotion of the disappointment lessens, i’m left worrying about the financial stability of the club and of football at our level. Also who’s in and who’s out player and management wise. Time will tell.

Thanks for the great report.

spot on overview @Paul B .... a bit more measured than anything I couldve come up with

disappointed, nonetheless I'll be following the mighty U's come the start of next season
You mean you were considering giving up as a supporter just because we lost one game?

you surely don’t mean this in view of your half million posts in this forum?

You mean you were considering giving up as a supporter just because we lost one game?

you surely don’t mean this in view of your half million posts in this forum?

No I dont - its something Id never , ever consider, Ive been watching the U's since 1962, through more bad times than good times, I aint going to change that, ever .... I guess only you, with your twisted perspectives, could read anything adverse into my comment to @Paul B 's FV, following a night of disappointment at Wembley.......... Oh, and dont call me Shirley, there's a good rightboot :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom