Fan's View Fan's View 19/20 - Peterborough at home

Very good Paul, thanks.
I am not a great beer aficionado but, to hear that the offering in the city is not up to scratch is somehow alarming. This is Oxford we are talking about, beer is something that should be a given. My immediate thought is to all the amazing pubs that were once on the list of the "full mission" when I was much younger and still living in Oxford.
What's happened?

Very good Paul, thanks.
I am not a great beer aficionado but, to hear that the offering in the city is not up to scratch is somehow alarming. This is Oxford we are talking about, beer is something that should be a given. My immediate thought is to all the amazing pubs that were once on the list of the "full mission" when I was much younger and still living in Oxford.
What's happened?
Possibly just a one off. There are other very good establishments that we did not visit.

Thanks Paul
As you rightly say we look very organised and work tirelessly.
It is difficult to not be optimistic but we have to keep our feet on the ground!
It we get Matt Taylor in?

As we've agreed before when James Henry plays well we play well. I can't believe some of the fanbase think he should be loaned out. Elliot Moore must have looked on and wondered how he was going to dislodge Mous.

"I cannot believe the level of optimism I’m now experiencing given my feelings before the season commenced "

Hush yo mouth. Me too.

Cracking read as always. I thought some of our football in the first half was scintillating. Posh couldn't get near us for most of it and if we'd gone in 2/3 goals to the good there would have been zero complaints from Peterborough. They looked half decent in the second half but again they didn't threaten massively.

The addition of Agyei and a couple more next week and we could build a very good team. Like you said, too early to be carried away but credit where it's due, the team is making it hard not to!

As we've agreed before when James Henry plays well we play well. I can't believe some of the fanbase think he should be loaned out. Elliot Moore must have looked on and wondered how he was going to dislodge Mous.
Henry was excellent, but I still feel that he is better than what we have seen. Which, I know sounds harsh since he was our top scorer last season.

Spoons (4 Candles) always has a huge variety of beers on tap & I've always found that 1 or 2 are drinkable, Cheap as chips too so given you 'pricey' comment, I assume this wasn't one that you went in. St Aldates Tavern or The Old Tom also used to serve a decent pint but I must admit, I haven't been in either for quite some time.

PS - good read as always.

Spoons (4 Candles) always has a huge variety of beers on tap & I've always found that 1 or 2 are drinkable, Cheap as chips too so given you 'pricey' comment, I assume this wasn't one that you went in. St Aldates Tavern or The Old Tom also used to serve a decent pint but I must admit, I haven't been in either for quite some time.

PS - good read as always.
St Aldates Tavern was pretty good. Other places visited were Isis, Catherine Wheel, Chequers, Kings Arms, White Horse, Royal Blenheim. Can't comment on the quality of ale in the Blenheim because by then I'd given up with beer.

St Aldates Tavern was pretty good. Other places visited were Isis, Catherine Wheel, Chequers, Kings Arms, White Horse, Royal Blenheim. Can't comment on the quality of ale in the Blenheim because by then I'd given up with beer.

Would imagine the substandard (city) beers on that list were taken in the Chequers and the Blenheim (by your companions)? I've always found the Kings Arms to be ok. The White Horse is an odd place though. No idea how it survives....at the largesse of the college that owns it I guess.

Great that you felt that drinking establishments were the main target for your dissatisfaction this week. We are clearly on the rise. A most enjoyable game with everyone doing their bit. But...I was particularly impressed with Cadden. He seems to know exactly when to stick and when to twist.

Back
Top Bottom