Fan's View - 19/20 - MK Dons Away

As I write I'm watching Arsenal getting taken apart by Man City, if we play on Wednesday as we did on Saturday, it will end in a very embarrassing result. That we will lose is probably a foregone conclusion although the dreamer sees us spring another shock. However, a decent performance earning the respect of both Man City and the watching fans would be the very least, please.

As I write I'm watching Arsenal getting taken apart by Man City, if we play on Wednesday as we did on Saturday, it will end in a very embarrassing result. That we will lose is probably a foregone conclusion although the dreamer sees us spring another shock. However, a decent performance earning the respect of both Man City and the watching fans would be the very least, please.
Fingers crossed De Bruyne isn't playing!

Excellent report as usual.
Ummm, MK is a strange place. Red Lion by canal lock at Fenny Stratford, still serves a good pint, nice location albeit being December meant everyone was inside and a bit congested in those two small rooms. I think change of landlord since last visit but still a good venue for pre-match pint.
PS Perhaps we are not going up?!?!

Excellent Paul - as usual. My Nephew, who lives in Stony Stratford, has an MK Season ticket with a group of his pals. They are also Arsenal fans & only go to MK when it suits them, which it didn't this weekend as they decided to go & watch the Gunners get stuffed by a team we are playing on Wednesday! This is why the gate was announced as over 10K - same scenario as Bradford - where most ST holders are not there.
I reckon a few of our players had their heads on this Wednesday - a good team doesn't suddenly stop being good - but you're right about Hall & Sykes.

Excellent Paul - as usual. My Nephew, who lives in Stony Stratford, has an MK Season ticket with a group of his pals. They are also Arsenal fans & only go to MK when it suits them, which it didn't this weekend as they decided to go & watch the Gunners get stuffed by a team we are playing on Wednesday! This is why the gate was announced as over 10K - same scenario as Bradford - where most ST holders are not there.
I reckon a few of our players had their heads on this Wednesday - a good team doesn't suddenly stop being good - but you're right about Hall & Sykes.
I wish I wasn't right and don't like being critical but can only call it as I see it. Teams don't win games of football and are not successful with players that are not up to standard.
The mate and his friends I met before the game watch MK and some have season tickets but they don't really support them. MK are their second team (if that) and my mate said he didn't really care if the Dons won or lost. They supported Wolves, Southend, Rangers and others.

Nice one Paul, Sykes and Hall were no match for strong/physical MK side. Third time there and it don't get any better, result wise and atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom