Fan's View 19/20 - Ipswich away

Pedantic I know, but we had three home games in 6 days after the defeat at Ipswich in 1986. After beating Everton on the Wednesday night we lost to Forest on the Saturday - the same day that Ipswich played their last game of the season. Our last match was home to Arsenal on the Bank Holiday Monday which we won 3-0 to stay up. This is only worth mentioning because quite a few Ipswich were in the Arsenal end that day (karma for coining us at Portman Road) and the everlasting memory of Billy Hamilton's Irish jig in front of the London Road after he had smashed home the third goal. Absolute "limbs" that glorious sunny day.
Not pedantic at all. for some reason I had it in my head that Forest was away. I've now updated this. Thanks. And yes - karma. I'd forgotten that all the other teams at the bottom had finished their season as we were losing to Forest and that it was just 2 days later that we played Arsenal.

A good article on this match in April's When Saturday Comes. It by Gavin Barber, an Ipswich fan living in Oxford, reflecting on the match and the general decline at Portman Road. Interestingly he points out that Lambert is fronting a PR campaign to 'rebuild the decayed relationship between the club and their fans' Not sure the results are helping with this

A good article on this match in April's When Saturday Comes. It by Gavin Barber, an Ipswich fan living in Oxford, reflecting on the match and the general decline at Portman Road. Interestingly he points out that Lambert is fronting a PR campaign to 'rebuild the decayed relationship between the club and their fans' Not sure the results are helping with this
My WSC arrived yesterday. Yet to open it up. I look forward with interest to what GB has to say.

Back
Top Bottom