Fan's View 19/20 - FA Cup Rd 2 - Walsall

And, it was bloody freezing!

Side note, in contrast to the last visit to Walsall by Mrs Lounger and self, the stewards on duty were extremely polite, friendly and more than happy to engage in a bit of banter. They sorted out the misunderstanding on seating (one said sit anywhere and then changed his mind, only for it to be changed back again) and they were never required to intervene or provoked any intervention.

Such a shame that a once well supported club has such low attendance.

Side note, in contrast to the last visit to Walsall by Mrs Lounger and self, the stewards on duty were extremely polite, friendly and more than happy to engage in a bit of banter. They sorted out the misunderstanding on seating (one said sit anywhere and then changed his mind, only for it to be changed back again) and they were never required to intervene or provoked any intervention.

Coldest I've been at football for ages. And we've only just entered December.

Have to say, Paul, when I read your away day Fan's Views as a US exile - I don't know what I miss most. Oxford games or Real Ale pub crawls!?

They're certainly #s 1 & 2 in my 'Things I miss most about Britain' list!

I thought we should have managed out the game in the last minute or two of added time in the second half. Twice we had the opportunity to time waste into the corner and grind out a win, but instead let our forwards and wingers play balls into the box for chance of another goal and see Walsall clear out for a relatively dangerous attacking chance for an equaliser.

Agreed on the stewarding, they were very good.

Was it just me or did the first ball they used -and thankfully got hoofed by the Saddlers out of the ground - sound flat? We passed the ball to death anyway, cracking couple of saves by their keeper, smart finish for the winner, up the U's!

Was it just me or did the first ball they used -and thankfully got hoofed by the Saddlers out of the ground - sound flat? We passed the ball to death anyway, cracking couple of saves by their keeper, smart finish for the winner, up the U's!
Can't say that I remember that.

Back
Top Bottom