Fan's View - 19/20 - EFL Cup 1/4 final - Man City at home

Thanks Paul. Rather optimistically (or even naively) I took up the in stadium bookies offer of 35-1 on us winning 2-1 and, at 1-1 I must admit to getting very excited! However, that bet along with the quid on at 1000-1 to win the whole shebang, is now in the bin and the money in the bookies pocket. :cry:

But, what an evenings footie. Indeed, bring on Saturday!

Thanks Paul. Rather optimistically (or even naively) I took up the in stadium bookies offer of 35-1 on us winning 2-1 and, at 1-1 I must admit to getting very excited! However, that bet along with the quid on at 1000-1 to win the whole shebang, is now in the bin and the money in the bookies pocket. :cry:

But, what an evenings footie. Indeed, bring on Saturday!
I put a quid of an old football away day kitty on us to win at 25/1. Why not?

Don’t think you we’re quite as excited as I was about it all when I left the ground. Perhaps it was the lack of fluids at various hostelries beforehan?

Don’t think you we’re quite as excited as I was about it all when I left the ground. Perhaps it was the lack of fluids at various hostelries beforehan?
No fluids for me beforehand. I thought we did exceptionally well in the circumstances but it is easy to get carried away. We lost. We could have got a couple more goals but on another day City would have got a few more too. As for the whole event I always had Wycombe nagging away at the back of my mind. I don't like losing football matches irrespective of who we are playing. Although I have to say this one didn't cause any pain of note.

Back
Top Bottom