Fan's View 19/20 - Coventry at home

Two things Paul, first, yes a salute to Womble. Wholeheartedly agree and I am saddened to see how weak he is now looking. Waiting to go up to our seats I observed how the poor man was having to lean against a wall while waiting for the lift to take him downstairs to lead the boys out onto the pitch. I paused and simply said "hang in there bud" Didn't know what else to say. His face was one of those that popped up so many times in the crowd at away games and I was used to his banter with others. I sincerely hope he can continue to enjoy the footy and that he gets to see the boys win a few more.

Secondly, the comments, post match, from James Mackie really said it all. You don't win medals for being the better team, the prizes belong to the team that wins. He highlighted how poorly we are defending, letting in so many goals is not going to get us promoted.
Do we actually have a defence coach at the moment? If we do, then something ain't working.

Good assessment of Bury debacle. At one stage in 2017/2018 they has 9 centre forwards on the books, just crazy.

Surprised you didn't mention Henry. What a wonderful performance. Think you were a bit hard on the lads in your analysis; we fought like absolute demons in the last 30 minutes and I was proud to support them.

Also had to slip away just as game went into additional time and can confirm that is it is difficult to establish who has actually scored from the crowd noise when you're outside the ground. COYY.

Two things Paul, first, yes a salute to Womble. Wholeheartedly agree and I am saddened to see how weak he is now looking. Waiting to go up to our seats I observed how the poor man was having to lean against a wall while waiting for the lift to take him downstairs to lead the boys out onto the pitch. I paused and simply said "hang in there bud" Didn't know what else to say. His face was one of those that popped up so many times in the crowd at away games and I was used to his banter with others. I sincerely hope he can continue to enjoy the footy and that he gets to see the boys win a few more.

Secondly, the comments, post match, from James Mackie really said it all. You don't win medals for being the better team, the prizes belong to the team that wins. He highlighted how poorly we are defending, letting in so many goals is not going to get us promoted.
Do we actually have a defence coach at the moment? If we do, then something ain't working.

Do we have a defence coach? - Well Derek Frazackerly played 700 games as a centre half, 600 for Blackburn, so hopefully he should know a thing or two about defending.

Good assessment of Bury debacle. At one stage in 2017/2018 they has 9 centre forwards on the books, just crazy.

Surprised you didn't mention Henry. What a wonderful performance. Think you were a bit hard on the lads in your analysis; we fought like absolute demons in the last 30 minutes and I was proud to support them.

Also had to slip away just as game went into additional time and can confirm that is it is difficult to establish who has actually scored from the crowd noise when you're outside the ground. COYY.
Normally totally agree with Paul, but I think that he was a little negative about Saturday.
The stats, Robbins and many Coventry fans suggest that we were the better side.
Our defence clearly needs sorting out but it was overall a good performance.

Normally totally agree with Paul, but I think that he was a little negative about Saturday.
The stats, Robbins and many Coventry fans suggest that we were the better side.
Our defence clearly needs sorting out but it was overall a good performance.
Yes hence - "Perhaps I have not cut our boys enough slack" with ref to the stats and Robbins but our defending is doing my head in a bit.

Yes hence - "Perhaps I have not cut our boys enough slack" with ref to the stats and Robbins but our defending is doing my head in a bit.
Agree totally about our defending.
But a really good L1 game and we were the much better side.
Yes we need to defend better.
It will help when the opposition stop getting goals from 25 to 30 yards though!

haha couldn't think who Warwick Davis was for a moment, but love the analogy.
good read as usual, cheers?

Realised you must have had good reason to go when you did. It's not like you not to see matters through to the bitter (or most recently sweet) end.
After I'd written it I remembered I had intended to give him a mention. Man of the match.

Re poor old Bury FC, the EFL did enforce the rules by withdrawing their 'share' in the league as a direct result of Dale not providing proof of funding. The EFL cannot stop an owner selling his shares to whom so ever he or she pleases.

Oh and we sorted our defensive problems out last season by sticking Mous in front of the back 4. Can't see us doing that this season.

Last edited:
Re poor old Bury FC, the EFL did enforce the rules by withdrawing their 'share' in the league as a direct result of Dale not providing proof of funding. The EFL cannot stop an owner selling his shares to whom so ever he or she pleases.

Oh and we sorted our defensive problems out last season by sticking Mous in front of the back 4. Can't see us doing that this season.
Fair point regarding not being able to stop an owner selling to whoever they choose. However the EFL had all close season to decide he was not a fit and proper owner and that the finances just were not there. In fact from the moment Dale took over they should have stuck to the deadline set. Then we would have a 24 team league 1 with no Bury. And presumably work on a reincarnated version of BFC would already be a few months down the line with them playing a fair few step down the ladder.
Agree about Mous. Much less likely to happen this season given the number of midfielders we have but if that is the solution we should just get on with it.

Forgot to mention that BBC arts fella Will Gompertz was in the north stand, has anyone seen him at our games previously?

Back
Top Bottom