Fan's View Fan's View - 19/20 - Burton at home

Good review of the game Paul, its more or less how I remember it. I did wonder how match fit Taylor is as I do not think that he has appeared in any of Bristol's matches this season. I assume KR intended to replace him with Mackie once in a winning position. Hopefully more to come from him once he is fitter and settled in.

I would hope to see Moore in at the mem on Saturday and mous in front of the back 4 as Gorrin needs a rest and Rovers are traditionally 'direct'

More Moore at Memooreial. ?

Why would Gorrin need a rest? We're 4 games in and they are professional athletes. Presume you mean his disciplinary record?

Usual standards Paul, thanks.

This lack of height really is a head scratcher, why don't we have more in our teams? I too would expect Moore to start at Bristol.
And, a win is really a must. I don't think I want to listen to that bloody song being sung again by the home crowd at the Mem.

why do we need height? Ageuro is 5 foot 7. Rashford 5' 8'' Messi 5 and a half

I get it's potentially a different game style

I'm sure Taylor wasn't much taller when he scored all the goals for Rovers than he is now.

was on the sites i checked, some have him at 5 10

After spending most of the last few seasons away for work reasons I was pretty shocked at how bad the atmosphere was for the Peterborough game. The lack of Ultras colour and noise is such a shame as you mention in your closing sentences. One of the biggest own-goals the club has scored in recent times. Where were the orders to harass the Ultras coming from? Shame it had to end. Do the Ultras lads still attend home matches, or are they boycotting due to their treatment by the club?

Let's put yesterday right and smash Rovers on Saturday!

As I said - "It was noticeable that when Simon Eastwood had the ball they usually put men on our full-backs which meant he had to kick it long. When he’s forced to do that the inevitable happens – we lose possession because we never win anything in the air because when compared to towering centre-halves we’ve tiny forwards. It’s quite soul destroying really. "
I don't think anyone at the game will argue our forwards won anything and I do mean anything in the air when we had to hit it long.

Quoting the height of one player I think is irrelevant. They each play in a team with 9 other outfield players of various sizes.

Back
Top Bottom