Fan's View 19/20 - Blackpool Away

No beer Paul? :rolleyes:

As for Mr Drysdale well, as soon as I saw his name as the appointed official, I just knew we would have issues come full time.
Those stats are impressive though, bar the shots on target. A crying shame that we are still missing that one player.

Sad to say, you’re right about Hall. We can’t afford to carry what is clearly an under-performing, low on confidence player. If we want to be successful we can’t be sentimental. So he once scored a goal against Swindon, and occasionally showed real flashes of pace and skill? He doesn’t now, I’m afraid, and unless he recaptures his best form he has no place in our team.

No beer Paul? :rolleyes:

As for Mr Drysdale well, as soon as I saw his name as the appointed official, I just knew we would have issues come full time.
Those stats are impressive though, bar the shots on target. A crying shame that we are still missing that one player.
One beer only. I was on the LRC coach for the first time in a few years. Bloomfield Brewhouse. Can see the ground from the pub so plastic glasses but they do brew one beer themselves on the premises and it was only £2.60 a pint (Without the CAMRA discount of 10% which I forgot to ask for but at those prices that would have been embarrassing).

Sad to say, you’re right about Hall. We can’t afford to carry what is clearly an under-performing, low on confidence player. If we want to be successful we can’t be sentimental. So he once scored a goal against Swindon, and occasionally showed real flashes of pace and skill? He doesn’t now, I’m afraid, and unless he recaptures his best form he has no place in our team.
I absolutely hated writing that but if I'm going to give an honest opinion, which I try to do all the time, I don't think it is an issue that can be ducked.

Thank you Paul. Very good read. Really look forward to your musings.

I think you will see the going concern wording on most lower league football club accounts. Football is a loss making enterprise..

I think Hall still offers something he has skill and the right attitude could regain his old form

I think it will also depend on who the new winger we sign is. If a new winger comes in and plays really well, hall could well find himself 4/5th choice winger and really struggle to get back into the team. I am a huge fan of Robbie but with the way this team is playing, he is Gunna struggle to get up to level of what is required.

I think you will see the going concern wording on most lower league football club accounts. Football is a loss making enterprise..
Certainly is. That's the point. It's not just us. But there are various degrees of loss making and each club has its own specific issues. Ours is the rent / service charge to FK. Blackpool's was the Oystons taking money out.
There are club's though that seem to be okay. Our next opponents are not in debt unless there has been a dramatic change in their circumstances in the last 15 months.

I think it will also depend on who the new winger we sign is. If a new winger comes in and plays really well, hall could well find himself 4/5th choice winger and really struggle to get back into the team. I am a huge fan of Robbie but with the way this team is playing, he is Gunna struggle to get up to level of what is required.
Exactly.

Excellent Paul & I completely (sadly) have to agree with you on RH. In fact, at the Peterborough League match, several sitting close by did not even recognise him as he has put on a load of weight!. Also I was horrified to hear KR say in passing about Fosu ..."he has this hamstring problem you know". Well if you knew Karl you have taken a mighty big risk with him.

Back
Top Bottom