Fan's View 18/19 - Pompey away

As Mrs Lounger said, KR and a quite a few more managers/head coaches need to read this.

I have not had the desire to post anything so far as I suspected that I would be labelled as too negative but, I am severely worried by the prospect of another season of disappointment with all the costs associated and those long drives home following.

Well written as always Paul.

I don't know if KR can right all the wrongs nor if he actually accepts those wrongs. What I will say is that KR is in no way, the WOW! manager that Tiger promised. I am not looking forward to Tuesday. (and I changed my shift to start at 6:00 am to be able to travel up - more fool me!)

I can see myself turning into Michael Palin.

Uhm, not in a coelacanth's lifetime bro, that pussy's an A*****e and you would have to sink a long way....

I don't often comment on yr posts because you are generally real (uh & that's the remit, see; and I doubt you need it), but we're almost entering 'special case' territory (again).

Nice article, how does Robinson go from hero to zero in a few weeks? Scouse boy with cash spills it all on fake tits (figuratively)?

Anyhoo, power to yr pen and that.

Balanced report as usual agree with the free kick scenario, why do we have one of our players performing a cheerleader act prior to us taking a kick (which normally goes beyond our players) the cheerleader should be on the edge of the box no? It will be interesting to see if Mackie starts Tuesday, if he does it makes you wonder why? thanks Paul

We looked very easy to play against which was a concern.

We didn't look compact, and I didn't think we pressed effectively. I saw individual OUFC players close the oppo down, but good sides close down in packs. For me that is a coaching issue and that is a big concern.

It just seemed a matter of time until they would score, and it was surprising that it took them until the start of the 2nd half to break the deadlock.

Excellent as usual Paul. Our recruiting of "crocks" beggars belief & if it's the result of our scouting set up then they have to be replaced pronto.
I really want KR to be successful but he certainly was not Tiger's first choice &, as a stand in, he is failing miserably with his lack of 'man management' skills. His constant screaming from the touchline shows clearly that he just is not getting his message across on the training ground.
A Pompey friend of mine has just told me that all the talk after the match was not how good their team had played but how embarrassingly poor Oxford were!

Excellent as usual Paul. Our recruiting of "crocks" beggars belief & if it's the result of our scouting set up then they have to be replaced pronto.
I really want KR to be successful but he certainly was not Tiger's first choice &, as a stand in, he is failing miserably with his lack of 'man management' skills. His constant screaming from the touchline shows clearly that he just is not getting his message across on the training ground.
A Pompey friend of mine has just told me that all the talk after the match was not how good their team had played but how embarrassingly poor Oxford were!
That speaks volumes.

I've just had these comments on the Rage Online site from a Pompey fan. Thought they were worth sharing.

As a Pompey fan who has seen oxford many times over the years including ‘Santa claus’ 2-1 game. The 5-5 draw and 1-4 ‘ours’ game I can honestly say that was the worst oxford side to rock up at fratton I’ve seen.

I’d like to believe Pompey are that good but I think the truth has more to do with your horror show than our brilliance.

Firstly well done to your fans who made it. However, it was actually a poor turnout as if your fans knew what was in the ‘offing’! Your RB spent more time engaged in verbals with Ronan Curtis than actually playing. Why, I don’t know RC was all over him. Your LB was murdered and as our own WOWAD Oxford (fan report) said probably went home to find his son had disowned him, such was his incompetence in dealing with Jamal Lowe. Being fair he won’t be the only one this year.

The CBS were bullied at every moment by another Pompey non league find in Hawkins. If he adds goals to his game then he will be some find. After that the midfield you started the game with hit aimless balls into channels that meant the ball coming back at you instantly.

With NO attacking intent it was a miracle that it was goalless at halftime.

All our talk was about how our new loan signing Thompson was the missing piece now knitting it all together.

At 3-0 Pompey seemed to stop pressing so high and Henry took advantage. He is a good player. That said after pulling a goal back Pompey simply pressed higher again and the 4th was a worldie from Lowe.

Overall, I’d be worried if that’s the best you’ve got but I’m sure you must come good sometime. Never rated KR though and his sides always come a cropper against us.

Your fans deserve better.
Regards

I've just had these comments on the Rage Online site from a Pompey fan. Thought they were worth sharing.

As a Pompey fan who has seen oxford many times over the years including ‘Santa claus’ 2-1 game. The 5-5 draw and 1-4 ‘ours’ game I can honestly say that was the worst oxford side to rock up at fratton I’ve seen.

I’d like to believe Pompey are that good but I think the truth has more to do with your horror show than our brilliance.

Firstly well done to your fans who made it. However, it was actually a poor turnout as if your fans knew what was in the ‘offing’! Your RB spent more time engaged in verbals with Ronan Curtis than actually playing. Why, I don’t know RC was all over him. Your LB was murdered and as our own WOWAD Oxford (fan report) said probably went home to find his son had disowned him, such was his incompetence in dealing with Jamal Lowe. Being fair he won’t be the only one this year.

The CBS were bullied at every moment by another Pompey non league find in Hawkins. If he adds goals to his game then he will be some find. After that the midfield you started the game with hit aimless balls into channels that meant the ball coming back at you instantly.

With NO attacking intent it was a miracle that it was goalless at halftime.

All our talk was about how our new loan signing Thompson was the missing piece now knitting it all together.

At 3-0 Pompey seemed to stop pressing so high and Henry took advantage. He is a good player. That said after pulling a goal back Pompey simply pressed higher again and the 4th was a worldie from Lowe.

Overall, I’d be worried if that’s the best you’ve got but I’m sure you must come good sometime. Never rated KR though and his sides always come a cropper against us.

Your fans deserve better.
Regards

We caught the train home and the Pompey fans on the train said exactly the same - they couldn't believe how dreadful we were.
Thanks for another great FV.

Back
Top Bottom