Fan's View 18/19 - Accrington at home

I agree that we didn’t deserve to win for the reasons that you describe.
I can’t remember being more disappointed with a start to the season than this one because I expected so much more.

I agree that we didn’t deserve to win for the reasons that you describe.
I can’t remember being more disappointed with a start to the season than this one because I expected so much more.
Not sure everyone will though.

This season has gone already for me. I know people will say it’s only 4 games but this is nowhere near a playoff team despite Robinson’s bullshit.
The season will only be "gone" when we are safe from dropping back to L2. Given the state of things at the moment that is the last thing we need as, without major changes, we'd be at risk of dropping down again. Shudder.

Many thanks for taking the time to write your reports even when the going is not so good.
If Garbutt is on #1,456,000 pa then that is possibly more than the entire Accrington team!
Last night was another worrying step in the world of modern football, with the offer of this EFL online thingy for midweek matches. Watch the match live for #10pounds. I disagree with the principle, and was going to refuse to pay my money, but it got to 7.40pm and my lad and myself couldn't refuse the temptation, paid the tenner and watched the match live on the laptop. It was just a straight take of the match from a camera at the back of SSU, no replays of goals or controversial incidents and odd commentary, may have been radio commentary. It also got a bit behind, timewise compared to score updates on SKY, so we knew Accy equalised the 2nd time before we saw it on screen! Certainly not the way forward and look forward (??) to seeing the real thing on Saturday.

"Last night was another worrying step in the world of modern football, with the offer of this EFL online thingy for midweek matches. Watch the match live for #10pounds. "
I wasn't aware of this. Worrying. Who gains from it? The EFL or the teams playing?

"Last night was another worrying step in the world of modern football, with the offer of this EFL online thingy for midweek matches. Watch the match live for #10pounds. "
I wasn't aware of this. Worrying. Who gains from it? The EFL or the teams playing?

It is an add on to the EFL ifollow, (the old yellow player) the select video option on the club website. So I suppose the £10 goes into the same pool as the annual subscription which I guess the clubs do get some share of, but what % I don't know. So I doubt my £10 went directly to the club. It is only available for midweek games.

I don't think the season ..."has already gone" Shropshire U, but if we lose again on Saturday our absentee Chairman must actively start looking for a replacement for KR who has massively underachieved - his recruitment & man-management beggars belief.

Back
Top Bottom