Fans Forum!

Shaun Rice

I think we need a fans forum scheduled for early February to address issues to the Manager, Tiger etc.

Our club seems in utter chaos both on and off the pitch.

Is there a single fan who is confident the financial, HMRC issues are really fixed?

Or has faith in the way Tiger is running our club?

Or that KR has the ability to get us out of the dire situation on the pitch?

Or that funds are really available to bolster the squad?

I think we need a fans forum scheduled for early February to address issues to the Manager, Tiger etc.

Our club seems in utter chaos both on and off the pitch.

Is there a single fan who is confident the financial, HMRC issues are really fixed?

Or has faith in the way Tiger is running our club?

Or that KR has the ability to get us out of the dire situation on the pitch?

Or that funds are really available to bolster the squad?

five min fans forum on rad ox (thurs 5.45pm) probably allows certain powers that be respond to (albeit fielded, filtered and selected ) questions from supporters, without the need for said powers that be to actually interact, in person, with those asking questions and those interested enough to attend a 'proper' fans forum

five min fans forum on rad ox (thurs 5.45pm) probably allows certain powers that be respond to (albeit fielded, filtered and selected ) questions from supporters, without the need for said powers that be to actually interact, in person, with those asking questions and those interested enough to attend a 'proper' fans forum
KR: Tiger mate it’s going so badly I think the fans are going to be calling for my head.
Tiger: Don’t worry buddy I’ll sort you out.
KR: thanks chum, Yeah but they’re going to call for a fans forum.
Tiger: don’t worry fam! I’ve set up a next to useless 5 minutes a week. Not enough time to ask any serious questions. Plus we’ll have all week to come up with some bull to fend them off.
KR: ah thanks man, any chance of a back rub? I’m a bit achy from all this driving about and hard work.
Tiger: sure thing bud. Happy ending again?
KR: please.

What, so when some fans (those who had concerns about Tiger from the off) ask challenging questions demanding answers, the blinkered followers will try and shoot them down.

In the 20+ years we’ve had fans forums they’ve achieved f**k all.

But would I prefer to have one or not, you bet!!

In some respects, it's when we've not spend money on transfer fees that we've not got the best value for money.

Yes because the last fans forum was so honest and straight talking.

Id rather not give our esteemed directors a further opportunity to spout bullshit. I can just about cope with the 5 minute doses.

Surely the fact that the Five Minute Forums have been started and NM's appearance on the radio are directly due to supporter unease that has been articulated and publicised by OxVox? (And perhaps even on this forum to a much lesser extent). While I am not hopeful that the owner/MD/manager actually have ANY sensible answers to the questions at least they have been put on the spot somewhat and have been forced to say something. A physical fans forum might not achieve all that we would wish, but at least it would increase that pressure. Some of the drivel they spouted at the last one has been picked up and shown to be false and/or evasive - nobody can force them to be open and honest, all we can do it make sure we/OV pick them up when they aren't and to let everyone know what is happening.

I don’t see the benefit of a fan’s forum. It isn’t going to make anybody any happier. In fact I’d say that the most negative fans will just be even more negative (if that’s possible).

The problem will be that those who demand answers to questions on here very rarely attend fans forums/OxVox meetings, and those who do often ask the wrong questions. I would much rather see the OxVox questions answered regularly with openness and honesty.

It would give the owner a chance to put forward his 'vision' for the club. Whether there was going to be significant investment in the first team, whether we were really seriously considering moving, what the other directors did, how he saw the next couple of years, how he was going to ensure there was enough money in the country to pay any 'unexpected' bills so there weren't any more 'bumps in the road', to explain how much he had a hand in deciding which players were bought, how much autonomy the manager and MD have, to reassure us that he took the supporters seriously (no, really)....

He could certainly make me happier by making things clearer in many of those areas. If we are 'ticking over' rather than be promised WOW signings and jam tomorrow I would like to be told the truth. There is a lot of love and goodwill towards the club from it's supporters, we would like to help if needed - not feel as if we are being shut out.

Of course if what he says is transparently a load of old rubbish it isn't going to help though.

I don’t see the benefit of a fan’s forum. It isn’t going to make anybody any happier. In fact I’d say that the most negative fans will just be even more negative (if that’s possible).

Oh and what level of incompetence should the club get to before being negative. I hope there is a fans forum, I hope the fans are bloody negative. Have looked at the league table, have you heard the bull from our manager, directors?

We don't need a fans forum, we need every question that OXVOX have asked answered fully!

And we should not be fobbed off with vague bullshit!

What we need The Oxford Mail and Radio Oxford to force questions down the throats of all concerned at the club. Make it public to everyone. Believe it or not, a lot of people still get their club news from those two formats.

So people prefer to be told what they want to hear whether factual or not interesting thought !

Oh and what level of incompetence should the club get to before being negative. I hope there is a fans forum, I hope the fans are bloody negative. Have looked at the league table, have you heard the bull from our manager, directors?

The problem is that the vast majority of people on here do not believe a word of anything that Tiger says. So it really doesn't matter if it's a Fans Forum, Radio Oxford, Ox Mail, OxVox or whatever, most will still be demanding action rather than words.

We've got a few days to get a players in to see us safe, and without sounding like @bazzer9461 that really is the only thing that matters right now. Boost the squad and get the points that will keep us in league 1.

It looks more and more likely that we'll be waiting for Erick in April to put any real money and leadership into the club. But what are the alternatives? Satori was only ever part of a deal involving SD and is now committed to Sunderland, so where are the new investors? We are losing a few million a year, at the wrong end of league one in a crappy stadium we don't own. I know that doesn't mean that we should just suck up what comes our way, but a bit of realism is needed at times.

The problem is that the vast majority of people on here do not believe a word of anything that Tiger says. So it really doesn't matter if it's a Fans Forum, Radio Oxford, Ox Mail, OxVox or whatever, most will still be demanding action rather than words.

We've got a few days to get a players in to see us safe, and without sounding like @bazzer9461 that really is the only thing that matters right now. Boost the squad and get the points that will keep us in league 1.

It looks more and more likely that we'll be waiting for Erick in April to put any real money and leadership into the club. But what are the alternatives? Satori was only ever part of a deal involving SD and is now committed to Sunderland, so where are the new investors? We are losing a few million a year, at the wrong end of league one in a crappy stadium we don't own. I know that doesn't mean that we should just suck up what comes our way, but a bit of realism is needed at times.

Catching isn’t it @Scotchegg

I think now that the honeymoon period is well over for Tiger, plus the late payment of 3 HMRC payments, things mentioned at the last fans forum, which appear untrue, poor player recruitment in the summer when promised wow signings and numerous negative mutterings etc, I think the gloves are off and stronger direct questions need to be asked with clear answers.

I believe now that we (fans) know more about the situation and Tiger in general we will know quite quickly whether he’s pulling the wool over our eyes and will tell him now, whereas, before we had to take it at face value.

As to when this should happen, well that definitely needs to be after the transfer window. Just on that, when does the loan window close? Is it the 31st Jan too?

Back
Top Bottom