Fans Forum

If Tiger took thé décision to walk away from the ground, could it be possible for him to do what Kassam did to the contracts that he inherited when he took over the club? Ie offer 10% of the remaining rent to Kassam take it of leave it. Any legal process could take years and that would tie Kassam up for a while.

I'd be amazed if it was £30m. We could just keep making the agreed payments and letting our under 23's play there to P**s off Kassam and stop him touching the land for another 7 years.

Nathan was simply positing a £30m cost for buying the stadium. Not for buying K$ out of the lease.

Nathan was simply positing a £30m cost for buying the stadium. Not for buying K$ out of the lease.
Makes more sense! But it doesn't look like that will be on the cards any time soon by the way they were blaming the stadium for everything!

So much of a plan that when I said “what ground would we play at?” I didn’t get an answer.

That’s the black and white fact I am focusing on. There is not an alternative in place, agreed and ready to take forward.

There doesn't need to be an alternative ground. It's simple in principle, we continue to play at Grenoble Road whilst building a new stadium. Once new stadium is complete, we move. I accept that the new site needs to be announced which I believe is what Niall was referring to as the news in four or five weeks time. If no news then, that becomes a worry but it's not like the Oxvox timeline of 6 months to get a Heads of Agreement in place.

Why would we look for an alternative place to play in the short term when still being liable for the existing rent under the terms of the licence agreement?

Last edited:
There doesn't need to be an alternative ground. It's simple in principle, we continue to play at Grenoble Road whilst building a new stadium. Once new stadium is complete, we move.

Why would we look for an alternative when still being liable for the existing rent under the terms of the licence agreement?

Because the £7m outlay could potentially be offset from revenue from the new venue

I would imagine a deal is done to terminate the licence in exchange for immediate access to the site for housing. Alternatively we would pay basic rent for a further 7 years but with the site unusable.
Which I’d imaging would be a definite no go with the local authorities

Because the £7m outlay could potentially be offset from revenue from the new venue

Only if we own it which we won't until we build one (5 years away realistically) which is why talk of any ground share is nonsense

Only if we own it which we won't until we build one (5 years away realistically) which is why talk of any ground share is nonsense

Agreed. That was the discussion nonetheless.

The question I would like to know.
If we did move and build another ground it won’t be OUFC who ownes it, we will still have to pay the service charge as now, will we have to pay rent to the owners?
For all this stupid talk, it won’t be the club profiting from any possible ground move and we might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Will any debt be put on the club to jeopardise the actual existence of the club.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I don't think it's £30m, I think it is £13m. (As per usual I may have got this wrong). I believe that was the figure from day one. If Lenagan / the club had borrowed £13m back in 2006 at an interest rate of say 6% (I'm plucking figures out of the air) annual repayments would be £780k and that's without paying off the capital. Would be daft to buy now at that price particularly when it was never finished and maintenance is lacking.

The question I would like to know.
If we did move and build another ground it won’t be OUFC who ownes it, we will still have to pay the service charge as now, will we have to pay rent to the owners?
For all this stupid talk, it won’t be the club profiting from any possible ground move and we might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Will any debt be put on the club to jeopardise the actual existence of the club.

That would depend on how it was financed - it could be community owned which wouldn’t leave it in the hands of one/a few joint owners who might sell up and leave at a given time

Not what I heard, but like most of the stuff going around does it really matter as everything is at the all talk stage

Does Fizza care? No, so we'd be wasting our time. Sad to say, but...

Start protesting outside his other businesses and disrupt them. Does he still own Heythrop Park as I'm sure that wouldn't go down too well with his clientele? Charlton have gone to their owner's house in Belgium after all.

How is the litigation against the service charges and what we get for our money from FK initiated by DE coming along? I think this could be key about where we play our football in the future.

At present FK appears to hold all the cards but he must also dread OUFC taking up the future 25 year lease as well.

A 1 million rent and service charges against an uncared for stadium which he will have to maintain is not something he is looking forward to hence him playing hardball to maximise what he can financially achieve from the dismal last twenty years for us and our club.

It will also require Oxvox and OCC to stop pandering as they’ve done historically to him. I think that everyone is now in agreement on this.

FK Sold the the manor to his own company for a pound and then his company sold it on for 4m, how the f**k he got away with it I’ll never know. People say he saved the club, no way he stripped everything from us. He should be strung up the robbing tosser

Iirc, he sold the Manor to another of his companies for about £6m which paid off the club debts. He then got planning and sold it on for something like £12m. My recollection may be wrong though.

I think we also overestimate:
a) How many people will be tuning in
b) Of those people, how many will know or care about our situation
c) What will be shown on screen or heard (and not edited out, which happens a lot)
d) The exposure we will gain at the end of the day

Doesn't hurt to do it though.

Back
Top Bottom