Fans Forum

Does anybody know if Kassam has actually set a price for the stadium? What it would need for him to relinquish control? With all these so-called big hitters coming on board, I still think taking control of, and redeveloping Grenoble Road, would be the best option, even knocking it down and rebuilding.

I think his price is #1M more than the offer and the completion date is 31st February.

• React
Reactions: MJB
No stupidly probably bought the club and existing deal in with that otherwise we would be 12 years into whatever deal they agreed.
Well something was f*****g agreed as we wouldn’t have to be paying 300k for a service charge we ain’t getting

And licking the slum landlords a**e gets results does it? I don't think so....he exited sharpish as chairman /owner after real strength and depth of feeling was literally demonstrated by OUFC fans.... we are told to not let BULLIES win, and to stand up to them...appeasing bullies including the tax exile get you nowhere, standing up to the greedy bastard en mass however may be the better option ?

Sarge: Who said anything about licking his a**e ?? My point is the club should be honouring the contract that was signed. Granted the ownership has transferred numerous times, but if DE didn't like the contract he shouldn't have bought the club.

Having power and being in complete control does not make FK a bully. He's just a shrewd businessman or saw OUFC as a vehicle to make a lot of money (at Oxford United's expense). As fans we might hate it, but that's the world we now live in.

Scotchegg: Where have I said he's like Mother Terresa or even supported FK? My post simply stated that the club should be honouring the contract signed and none of us can be surprised Firoka has withdrawn services when the club has stopped paying for them.

I think I'll go back into hibernation!

Tiger may have lumped in business rates with that.

Couldn't find the 3-sided concrete carbuncle on the list here?

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/busi...ode=&descriptionCode=&from=&to=&listYear=2017

Other than the offices, the club only uses the stadium for 30 days a year. Surely it's not liable to pay 100% business rates for the whole stadium complex?

Whilst I support the approach Tiger has taken with K*$$*m (f**k it, nothing else has worked) he's got to get his story straight when speaking publicly - his claim that we now pay £1M per annum for rent (even if it includes service charge + share of bus rates) seems slightly exaggerated.

Taking in to consideration the laws that apply to landlords renting out properties (pointless n time consuming to list ALL of the tax exiled slum landlord of the breeze blocks many many failing in his legal duties...not fit for purpose covers them all!...withholding and failing to provide basic legal requirements in the way of facilities is NOT legally an option of his btw), it seems to me that 1) the property laws of England and Wales are not being adhered to in almost anyway by the slum landlord, yet the law of the land is failing to be utilised by OUFC 2) the slum landlord appears to be aiming for a similar status in the 21st century as the notorious Rachman achieved in the 20th century in terms of inhuman treatment of tenants.....and the Oxford mail are living up to their fail tag by not doing an in depth investigative piece on him, as for why not, probably the slum landlord has a hold over Newsquest or is slipping the owners of Newsquest Brown envelopes stuffed with cash extorted from OUFC, as it does seem the tax exiled slum landlord owns a wardrobe full of Teflon suits!

Sarge: Who said anything about licking his a**e ?? My point is the club should be honouring the contract that was signed. Granted the ownership has transferred numerous times, but if DE didn't like the contract he shouldn't have bought the club.

Having power and being in complete control does not make FK a bully. He's just a shrewd businessman or saw OUFC as a vehicle to make a lot of money (at Oxford United's expense). As fans we might hate it, but that's the world we now live in.

Scotchegg: Where have I said he's like Mother Terresa or even supported FK? My post simply stated that the club should be honouring the contract signed and none of us can be surprised Firoka has withdrawn services when the club has stopped paying for them.

If we all just accepted this line of thought we’d be watching AFC Oxford at Cutteslow Park now. People have come in to take the club on in good faith that a Kassam is an fair man to do business with and negotiate a deal so the club can move on. It’s obvious now that that is impossible. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough.

Couldn't find the 3-sided concrete carbuncle on the list here?

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/busi...ode=&descriptionCode=&from=&to=&listYear=2017

Other than the offices, the club only uses the stadium for 30 days a year. Surely it's not liable to pay 100% business rates for the whole stadium complex?

Whilst I support the approach Tiger has taken with K*$$*m (f**k it, nothing else has worked) he's got to get his story straight when speaking publicly - his claim that we now pay £1M per annum for rent (even if it includes service charge + share of bus rates) seems slightly exaggerated.

I have a vague recollection of a 6 figure sum from quite a while ago.

No it don’t it makes him a c**t

Fair point @oxfordkits ... my interpretation of your last line was perhaps a tad o t t... your above response does clarify what you meant in your first post (Cheers for clarifying...I maybe misinterpreted what your first comment on this thread was saying ...oops my apologies if I did)...I do think as ive already mentioned in this thread that our slum landlord ignoring his legal requirements is reminicent of rachman's worst excesses

Last edited:
I have a vague recollection of a 6 figure sum from quite a while ago.

Well, it would be consistent with the main storyline of our beloved football club getting it's pants repeatedly pulled down and rogered sideways by the Slum Landlord!

Still think the £1M per annum figure is stretching it. Which concerns me in this particular high stakes game...

Well something was f*****g agreed as we wouldn’t have to be paying 300k for a service charge we ain’t getting
Why wouldn’t it have been in there in the first place therefore taking as much money as possible out of the football club to help fund other ventures eg Stadco.

My point is the club should be honouring the contract that was signed.
And so should Stadco but the club perceiveded it wasn't, refused to pay and so its gone to arbitration.
As far as I am aware, when things go to arbitration the final decision is usually binding on both parties. So eventually Kassam will get what is due to him even if this maybe less than he was originall asking for.
So Kassams message to the club in todays OM was interesting - "my message to them is to drop the arbitration and pay what I am owed."
Why would he want the arbitration dropped unless he expects the arbitration panel to go against him and decide on a much lower sum than he is currently asking for?

And so should Stadco but the club perceiveded it wasn't, refused to pay and so its gone to arbitration.
As far as I am aware, when things go to arbitration the final decision is usually binding on both parties. So eventually Kassam will get what is due to him even if this maybe less than he was originall asking for.
So Kassams message to the club in todays OM was interesting - "my message to them is to drop the arbitration and pay what I am owed."
Why would he want the arbitration dropped unless he expects the arbitration panel to go against him and decide on a much lower sum than he is currently asking for?

Sounds a bit like a thinly veiled threat. What ever next.......a visit from the bailiffs?

Perhaps say we'll pay you what we owe, when you pay for us for the new pitches, and reimburse us for the sub standard level of maintenance. Who can forget the Conference days where the PA barely worked for a year or so, the seats covered in faeces, the roof that leaked for months in the East Stand, the toilets that are dirty and unmaintained, the floodlights barely working, etc.

If Fizza doesn't like being called out publically, he needs to do anything but sweet fa. It's his stadium, with his name on it and he's letting it slowly fall into disrepair. What a legacy!!

I know results aren't going in the clubs favour on the pitch but how anyone can sympathies with Kassam is beyond me!

The guy is a crook. He has finally been flustered which is credit to Tiger because not many people have got him this worked up! Normally Kassam would sit back and try and play the charming, caring side. Tiger has finally brought out his true colours. Maybe Kassam is rattled as he knows the people Tiger has behind him have the money to just walk away from the stadium and leaving Kassam short of a few bob or two.

He is also playing hardball on the off chance the club will give him and just pay it as he knows its his last chance to get the full amount before it gets found that he wasn't actually providing the full service that was stated in the contract (who knew?!).

DE had every right to challenge the service charge when StadCo weren't keeping up with the servicing of the stadium!

The point was that you appear to be putting all the blame at the door of the club for withholding payments but seem to excuse FK for having failed to provide any of the services we are being asked to pay for. He maybe a shrewd businessman but he is also a turd and deserves to be called out for it regardless of whether this upsets our special relationship.

I know results aren't going in the clubs favour on the pitch but how anyone can sympathies with Kassam is beyond me!

The guy is a crook. He has finally been flustered which is credit to Tiger because not many people have got him this worked up! Normally Kassam would sit back and try and play the charming, caring side. Tiger has finally brought out his true colours. Maybe Kassam is rattled as he knows the people Tiger has behind him have the money to just walk away from the stadium and leaving Kassam short of a few bob or two.

He is also playing hardball on the off chance the club will give him and just pay it as he knows its his last chance to get the full amount before it gets found that he wasn't actually providing the full service that was stated in the contract (who knew?!).

DE had every right to challenge the service charge when StadCo weren't keeping up with the servicing of the stadium!
That I don't have much time for DE is known, that I am still not 100% convinced by Tiger is also known but, both have demonstrated that they are not prepared to pay for services not received. They do so not because they might be dubious of character but because that is the only way to demonstrate to FK that enough is enough.

Bring it on Kassam. Prove to the arbitration that you are right. Prove that you are supplying the services you have contracted. Prove that you are just an honest businessman being hard done by.

And, will OCC finally get off their lazy backsides and do something about this conniving, underhand, cheating, lying piece of s**t and his neglect and ignoring of legally binding agreements and planning permissions.

That I don't have much time for DE is known, that I am still not 100% convinced by Tiger is also known but, both have demonstrated that they are not prepared to pay for services not received. They do so not because they might be dubious of character but because that is the only way to demonstrate to FK that enough is enough.

Bring it on Kassam. Prove to the arbitration that you are right. Prove that you are supplying the services you have contracted. Prove that you are just an honest businessman being hard done by.

And, will OCC finally get off their lazy backsides and do something about this conniving, underhand, cheating, lying piece of s**t and his neglect and ignoring of legally binding agreements and planning permissions.

You must be joking manor, unless it involves student accommodation they don’t want to know, they’re full of s**t and the electorate should know they’re just crooked and aren’t really interested in Oxford unless it involves B B LEYS

You must be joking manor, unless it involves student accommodation they don’t want to know, they’re full of s**t and the electorate should know they’re just crooked and aren’t really interested in Oxford unless it involves B B LEYS
You could well be right! Also scared shitless that all their pathetic sycophancy towards FK all those years ago may come back to embarrass them!
The way they caved into this "businessman" and relinquished the land and overturned planning permission and licencing in his favour was criminal.

You could well be right! Also scared shitless that all their pathetic sycophancy towards FK all those years ago may come back to embarrass them!
The way they caved into this "businessman" and relinquished the land and overturned planning permission and licencing in his favour was criminal.

It could be a case of “ no truer word spoken “

Back
Top Bottom