Manager/Coach Fan's Forum tonight

All set up with Zoom loaded. Hopefully it is secure, have read of some issues with the software.

Top of my list of questions is to seek clarity over the "discussions" around merging Leagues 1 & 2 and forming a regional set up. Would also underscore my personal opposition to the idea.

Attendances are down massively too.

One plus point recently is that finally fans have all got together and stopped spending money in the bowlplex and various fast food places before kick off and in turn stopped putting money into Kassam's pocket!

It would be good to know too why the club have stopped posting out orders made to the club shop. Surely they realise this will mean a drop in revenue?!

All set up with Zoom loaded. Hopefully it is secure, have read of some issues with the software.

Top of my list of questions is to seek clarity over the "discussions" around merging Leagues 1 & 2 and forming a regional set up. Would also underscore my personal opposition to the idea.

No sensible questions please.

is there any way of 'listening to/ watching/ accessing tonights fans forum that isnt via twitter/zoom? ... asking for fellow luddite technophobes

is there any way of 'listening to/ watching/ accessing tonights fans forum that isnt via twitter/zoom? ... asking for fellow luddite technophobes
It's being broadcast on Saturday but, the link to the Zoom app is quite straightforward. All you need is an email address.

I think the question that everybody needs to know is:

Does he love or hate Marmite?

For technophobes its fairly easy you should just be able to click on the link and then you're in.

For technophobes its fairly easy you should just be able to click on the link and then you're in.
... hope ya right .... what about luddite technophobes (like me)? ;)

ff live tonight via zoom (whatever the f**k that is) .... its a bit non inclusive IMO , my Dad (86 yo) ST holder, his older brother (also ST holder, and some of their friends- also ST holders- dont have any internet access, and due to their age/ at risk etc they are in 12 week isolation, so no-one with a tablet/smart phone / laptop can go and hook any of those ST holders up with the live FF ..... radox are retrospectively ( why not simultaneously???) broadcasting tonights ff at 5pm on Saturday

while its good that there is a FF of sorts, its a real shame that a number of lifelong OUFC supporters (and ST holders) are being excluded from participating in the live broadcast (IMO) or even accessing the broadcast

OWS -

Sarge - what is the alternative? A more 'traditional' phone-in I suppose?

The majority of people will have access to a computer, tablet or smartphone and I think it's actually a good idea to try something new. It will be interesting to see how many join in (and let's hope OUFC have bought a licence rather than using the free version or numbers who can 'attend' will be limited).

ff live tonight via zoom (whatever the f**k that is) .... its a bit non inclusive IMO , my Dad (86 yo) ST holder, his older brother (also ST holder, and some of their friends- also ST holders- dont have any internet access, and due to their age/ at risk etc they are in 12 week isolation, so no-one with a tablet/smart phone / laptop can go and hook any of those ST holders up with the live FF ..... radox are retrospectively ( why not simultaneously???) broadcasting tonights ff at 5pm on Saturday

while its good that there is a FF of sorts, its a real shame that a number of lifelong OUFC supporters (and ST holders) are being excluded from participating in the live broadcast (IMO) or even accessing the broadcast

OWS -

Circumstances may be this is all that can be done. At least in the circumstances the club are doing something and enabling communication. You can ask their questions for them Sarge.

It may disadvantage some people, but no more than the exiles who cannot get to a Wednesday night meeting in Oxford!

The majority of people will have access to a computer, tablet or smartphone and I think it's actually a good idea to try something new. It will be interesting to see how many join in (and let's hope OUFC have bought a licence rather than using the free version or numbers who can 'attend' will be limited).

It may disadvantage some people, but no more than the exiles who cannot get to a Wednesday night meeting in Oxford!

Simultaneously broadcast on Radox - its been done before btw live FF, radox live broadcast as well as twitter feed,and Facebook live broadcast ( the last open Fans Forum -at the training ground ran on that format)

My 86 year old Dad is in a 12 week isolation , he doesnt have any form of internet access ( neither does his older brother, or some of theier mates of a similar age group- ALL are OUFC ST holders), as hes in strict 12 week isolation , no one can visit with a laptop/tablet or smart phone.... its hard enough for my dad dealing with a strict isolation for 3 months, being excluded from a live 'broadcast' because he doesnt have (his choice) internet access isnt great IMO

Simultaneously broadcast on Radox - its been done before btw live FF, radox live broadcast as well as twitter feed,and Facebook live broadcast ( the last open Fans Forum -at the training ground ran on that format)

My 86 year old Dad is in a 12 week isolation , he doesnt have any form of internet access ( neither does his older brother, or some of theier mates of a similar age group- ALL are OUFC ST holders), as hes in strict 12 week isolation , no one can visit with a laptop/tablet or smart phone.... its hard enough for my dad dealing with a strict isolation for 3 months, being excluded from a live 'broadcast' because he doesnt have (his choice) internet access isnt great IMO

RadOx may not be available tonight, hence they are running it Saturday.

Live broadcast would be very difficult. Nobody in the same room at the same time, multiple links via internet, the sound would be awful. As an example, look at the daily update from Westminster. That's just one incoming questioner to three in a room and that goes wrong!
At least this way the technology is relatively simple, the broadcast version can be edited to smooth out the drop outs and if it all goes pear shaped, the programme can be changed.

Back
Top Bottom