Manager/Coach Fan's Forum tonight

Really? What else could they have done? The club have been fantastic over the last few months and yet you still don’t think it’s enough?

Some people

Always room for improvement though wouldnt you say?- A simulatenous broadcast of Fans forum via zoom and radio Oxford perhaps? thus Including the older OUFC supporters who are isolating for 12 weeks, but have no internet acess and no-one can visit and share their laptop/smartphone or tablet with said older OUFC supporters ?

its the 'some people', who are over a certain age, isolated/ shielding as instructed, for 12 weeks, without internet access / or ability to operate the required technology , - such as My dad, my uncle and their mates ( all ST holders), who Im concerned about. Their mental health is as important as anyone else's IMO, avid OUFC supporters isolating for 12 weeks, with not much to do to pass the 12 week isolation- But hey they're all old, so f**k em , right?

I just knew you'd be happy! :ROFLMAO:
Haha. To be honest I really like Jamie Mackie as a bloke. I think he comes across as a great character and clearly his experience can really help a lot of the young players. I just think it’s scandalous how many minutes he’s had this (last?!) season, versus his contributions, especially at the expense of others who seem to offer more both in the immediate and longer term. But that’s not his doing - he’s just playing football while he can. I don’t begrudge him wanting to do that.

Anyway, sorry, that’s been done to death elsewhere. Just how strong would people say the opposition was to the regionalisation being kicked around? I’m especially intrigued because I’ve also heard that a second option is being prepared on that front. One that rather than making both potential divisions ‘the third tier’ would involve keeping them as tiers three and four in their own right, but propping up the numbers with B Teams, who in turn can only move between three and four. A bit like what Germany does with their system. So you’d have League One N & S and League Two N & S with B Teams everywhere.

Which would actually be far, far worse and would spell the end of football outside of the top bracket. I’m sure it’ll be kicked out as soon as it’s on the table but this was always coming from the moment the EFL Trophy was taken over.

Always room for improvement though wouldnt you say?- A simulatenous broadcast of Fans forum via zoom and radio Oxford perhaps? thus Including the older OUFC supporters who are isolating for 12 weeks, but have no internet acess and no-one can visit and share their laptop/smartphone or tablet with said older OUFC supporters ?

its the 'some people', who are over a certain age, isolated/ shielding as instructed, for 12 weeks, without internet access / or ability to operate the required technology , - such as My dad, my uncle and their mates ( all ST holders), who Im concerned about. Their mental health is as important as anyone else's IMO, avid OUFC supporters isolating for 12 weeks, with not much to do to pass the 12 week isolation- But hey they're all old, so f**k em , right?
But isn't that up to Radio Oxford? I'm not sure why you are having a go at the club abut this - or am I misunderstanding?
Are you saying they shouldn't have done it at all unless RadOx agreed to broadcast it live (a tricky proposition technically)? Isn't that the tail wagging the dog?
I am sure that everyone would like ALL supporters of any age to be able to participate - but not quite sure how you think the club could set that up in the current situation?

I’m especially intrigued because I’ve also heard that a second option is being prepared on that front. One that rather than making both potential divisions ‘the third tier’ would involve keeping them as tiers three and four in their own right, but propping up the numbers with B Teams, who in turn can only move between three and four. A bit like what Germany does with their system.

Which would actually be far, far worse and would spell the end of football outside of the top bracket.
If that is a real proposal that is being seriously considered then the Prem are guilty of trying to take advantage of the situation to get something that is only of advantage to them at the expense of the rest of the English game, and it is a scandal. 'Football family', my Aristotle.

If that is a real proposal that is being seriously considered then the Prem are guilty of trying to take advantage of the situation to get something that is only of advantage to them at the expense of the rest of the English game, and it is a scandal. 'Football family', my Aristotle.

Would you be that shocked if the premier league tried to take advantage though? If clubs need premier league cash to survive that money will come at a cost, the whole regional split was very weird as it seemed completely irrelevant to this situation, it makes more sense now the true cost of taking premier league bailout money rears its head.

But isn't that up to Radio Oxford? I'm not sure why you are having a go at the club abut this - or am I misunderstanding?
Are you saying they shouldn't have done it at all unless RadOx agreed to broadcast it live (a tricky proposition technically)? Isn't that the tail wagging the dog?
I am sure that everyone would like ALL supporters of any age to be able to participate - but not quite sure how you think the club could set that up in the current situation?
fair comment .... radio oxford are rebroadcasting it on radio oxford on Saturday 5pmish .... believe it was set up by Radio Oxford, and fair play to them for arranging it, so Its not' having a go' at the club, however, itd be even better if it had of been broadcast live simultaneously on zoom and on radio oxford (imo) as its more inclusive. Point i was trying to make ( not very well it seems?), is that a number of OUFCST holders, over a certain age, are isolated/ shielding for 12 weeks, if they dont have internet access or are not internet savvy, they, the most vulnerable, and very likely vulnerable to mental health issues, are excluded, if its not presented in a format that is accessible to 'all' .... yesterday was basically a' trial run'... hopefully the next one will be more inclusive :sneaky:

I couldn’t find out on my kindle to mute so didn’t get the chance of getting my questions over, it’s good that somehow we are managing to keep in touch

Haha. To be honest I really like Jamie Mackie as a bloke. I think he comes across as a great character and clearly his experience can really help a lot of the young players. I just think it’s scandalous how many minutes he’s had this (last?!) season, versus his contributions, especially at the expense of others who seem to offer more both in the immediate and longer term. But that’s not his doing - he’s just playing football while he can. I don’t begrudge him wanting to do that.

Anyway, sorry, that’s been done to death elsewhere. Just how strong would people say the opposition was to the regionalisation being kicked around? I’m especially intrigued because I’ve also heard that a second option is being prepared on that front. One that rather than making both potential divisions ‘the third tier’ would involve keeping them as tiers three and four in their own right, but propping up the numbers with B Teams, who in turn can only move between three and four. A bit like what Germany does with their system. So you’d have League One N & S and League Two N & S with B Teams everywhere.

Which would actually be far, far worse and would spell the end of football outside of the top bracket. I’m sure it’ll be kicked out as soon as it’s on the table but this was always coming from the moment the EFL Trophy was taken over.
Both Karl and N McW were opposed to the idea. Karl in particular was very vocal on the subject. Catch the broadcast on Radox, Saturday pm if you can. I think I got the gist across in my question (listen out for Greg - I should have signed in as Manorlounger!)
Karl could see no point in the idea at all. I got the feeling that both thought it devalued the competition, which it would do.
On Jamie Mackie, Karl again led the response with his opinion that he (JM) made the club a better place with his leadership and personality. I'm with you on this, whilst he may have entertained us with some of his antics, he brings little in terms of goals and footballing performance. His experience would, maybe, have value on the training pitch but that is no justification for his first team place. However, it looks very much as though he will be with us in the new season.

As for the alternative to combining 1 & 2, the idea you outline is just as bad, maybe worse. Who are the jokers who come up with this crap?

fair comment .... radio oxford are rebroadcasting it on radio oxford on Saturday 5pmish .... believe it was set up by Radio Oxford, and fair play to them for arranging it, so Its not' having a go' at the club, however, itd be even better if it had of been broadcast live simultaneously on zoom and on radio oxford (imo) as its more inclusive. Point i was trying to make ( not very well it seems?), is that a number of OUFCST holders, over a certain age, are isolated/ shielding for 12 weeks, if they dont have internet access or are not internet savvy, they, the most vulnerable, and very likely vulnerable to mental health issues, are excluded, if its not presented in a format that is accessible to 'all' .... yesterday was basically a' trial run'... hopefully the next one will be more inclusive :sneaky:
Sorry Sarge - I think it's *me* not being clear! I do understand and sympathise with those who might feel cut off because they couldn't access the FF. Making everyone feel as involved as possible in 'normal' life is very important right now.
What I don't understand is what you feel *the club* (as opposed to the radio station) could actually do to make anything 'accessible to all'?
And even IF the radio station were prepared to 'air' it live, I think it is a bigger technical task than you might suppose. So if they can't or won't sort out a live radio feed, do you think the next one ought not to happen?

Would you be that shocked if the premier league tried to take advantage though? If clubs need premier league cash to survive that money will come at a cost, the whole regional split was very weird as it seemed completely irrelevant to this situation, it makes more sense now the true cost of taking premier league bailout money rears its head.
Unfortunately no, I wouldn't be shocked. Some of these mega-rich clubs have shown themselves to be utterly selfish over the course of years now, so I suppose using a fatal worldwide pandemic as an excuse to get B-teams into the leagues is just about par for the course.
I would rather lower league clubs went part-time than took Prem money if that is the cost.

Sorry Sarge - I think it's *me* not being clear! I do understand and sympathise with those who might feel cut off because they couldn't access the FF. Making everyone feel as involved as possible in 'normal' life is very important right now.
What I don't understand is what you feel *the club* (as opposed to the radio station) could actually do to make anything 'accessible to all'?
And even IF the radio station were prepared to 'air' it live, I think it is a bigger technical task than you might suppose. So if they can't or won't sort out a live radio feed, do you think the next one ought not to happen?

Dont think theres much the club could do ( given were all in lockdown) to improve it as things stand, with staff furloughed, including those with the technological abilities to link things together currently 'unavailable'

As the Zoom FF was a Radio Oxford hosted 'event' , Im (fairly reliably) informed that depending on usual scheduling for Radio Oxford, its far from being a major task to link the Zoom onto a live broadcast- Ive also been informed that the Zoom FF last night was a trial run , and several wrinkles were discovered and in the main ironed out, the Zoom FF would need to be running smoothly to be considered for a simultaneous broadcast on live radio ... hopefully should there be a next time, it will be much more inclusive ? :)

if they cant link zoom with another live format, thats more inclusive, I still think it should go ahead, as somethings better than nothing- and Radio Oxford are broadcasting last nights Zoom FF on radio oxford tomorrow after 5pm, so 'all' can access it, they just cant participate ( as in ask a question live)as its a rerun

Unfortunately no, I wouldn't be shocked. Some of these mega-rich clubs have shown themselves to be utterly selfish over the course of years now, so I suppose using a fatal worldwide pandemic as an excuse to get B-teams into the leagues is just about par for the course.
I would rather lower league clubs went part-time than took Prem money if that is the cost.

When you consider how many years and how much effort it took us to get back to this level, to get downgraded to a regional league with b teams in it through no fault of our own would be gutting.

to get downgraded to a regional league with b teams in it through no fault of our own would be gutting.

I agree that being regionalised has nothing to do with us but let's not pretend that we had nothing to do with the implementation of B teams in English football. Our owner at the time voted for B teams in the EFL trophy, and only reversed his decision after he had received the money from the premier league. Lets also not forget that 30k of our lot flocked to Wembley at the first chance they could in the B team trophy final.

Being regionalised nothing to do with us. B Teams in English football however we played our part.

What decision needs to be taken on Matty Taylor? Surely its the biggest no- brainer?

Yes it's quite simple, just have to considered:
  • Length of contract
  • Signing on fee
  • Reward Package, covering:
    basic salary
    goal bonus
    win bonus
    if not promoted this year, promotion bonus for next
    if promoted this year, what effect a relegation would have on pay
  • Sell on clauses
  • Injury exclusions
  • Plus others
With an eye on what other players are available as well, making sure our offer is in line with the current market.

Matty will then have to consider similar offers from his current club and any other interested parties. You'd expect that to be four or five at least.

On top of that we still need the final go ahead from RyanBirdio, which may involve a full hands-on medical.

Back
Top Bottom