Manager/Coach Fan's Forum tonight

Yes, I hear what you are saying Sarge. I suppose the sticking point isn't really the use of Zoom, it is the non-live broadcast of it on the radio. But that is nothing to do with the club - Radio Oxford might consider they have better things to broadcast than a fan's forum for a club not currently playing any matches and unlikely to for a good while yet. There is no way of the club holding a FF without using technology and they don't control the radio schedule.
I think you should direct your ire at Radio Oxford and ask them why they aren't broadcasting it more than the club, who are trying to communicate with the supporters.

Simultaneously broadcast on Radox - its been done before btw live FF, radox live broadcast as well as twitter feed,and Facebook live broadcast ( the last open Fans Forum -at the training ground ran on that format)

My 86 year old Dad is in a 12 week isolation , he doesnt have any form of internet access ( neither does his older brother, or some of theier mates of a similar age group- ALL are OUFC ST holders), as hes in strict 12 week isolation , no one can visit with a laptop/tablet or smart phone.... its hard enough for my dad dealing with a strict isolation for 3 months, being excluded from a live 'broadcast' because he doesnt have (his choice) internet access isnt great IMO
But when it's all said and done who (honestly) will understand anymore than 50‰ of what Karl has said ?

Yes, I hear what you are saying Sarge. I suppose the sticking point isn't really the use of Zoom, it is the non-live broadcast of it on the radio. But that is nothing to do with the club - Radio Oxford might consider they have better things to broadcast than a fan's forum for a club not currently playing any matches and unlikely to for a good while yet. There is no way of the club holding a FF without using technology and they don't control the radio schedule.
I think you should direct your ire at Radio Oxford and ask them why they aren't broadcasting it more than the club, who are trying to communicate with the supporters.
emailed Jerome at radox earlier

Whats the point in having a Zoom webinar if Niall and Karl don't have their cameras on

Thought it went well, disappointed with the low amount on it though.

Wise words from KR, NM, main thing for me was we are still paying full rent to that bastard that owns the ground!
few tech hitches ... learning curve for all .... cantve been too bad, as even I managed to work out how to get a question in :oops: .... surprised myself :p

few tech hitches ... learning curve for all .... cantve been too bad, as even I managed to work out how to get a question in :oops: .... surprised myself :p

Yes well done, look forward to the next one.
I wanted to ask about trying to push some retail sales to generate some revenuebut ran out of time

Yes well done, look forward to the next one.
I wanted to ask about trying to push some retail sales to generate some revenuebut ran out of time
Niall Mac said something about a shirt with aNHS logo going on the market 'soon', proceeds to NHS / NHS charitys
also Tigers firms have been making PPE masks, first delivery due over the weekend - going to be going to NHS and care workers locally

Niall Mac said something about a shirt with aNHS logo going on the market 'soon', proceeds to NHS / NHS charitys
also Tigers firms have been making PPE masks, first delivery due over the weekend - going to be going to NHS and care workers locally

Heard that, not sure how that will work operationally as our staff are on furlough?

I got the impression that we are talking about cloth masks here, not PPE stuff. They are going to be available to all OUFC supporters, I believe. No idea how they would be distributed though, some are being offered to Oxford City/County council - if they want them.

I thought it was pretty good. It was a strange one though - they obviously know as little as the rest of us about when things might start to edge towards normality a little, so there are lots of things up in the air. I think we've probably discussed all the same subjects on here!
But a worthwhile exercise and it's nice to hear from the club. I'd certainly tune in again.

ff live tonight via zoom (whatever the f**k that is) .... its a bit non inclusive IMO , my Dad (86 yo) ST holder, his older brother (also ST holder, and some of their friends- also ST holders- dont have any internet access, and due to their age/ at risk etc they are in 12 week isolation, so no-one with a tablet/smart phone / laptop can go and hook any of those ST holders up with the live FF ..... radox are retrospectively ( why not simultaneously???) broadcasting tonights ff at 5pm on Saturday

while its good that there is a FF of sorts, its a real shame that a number of lifelong OUFC supporters (and ST holders) are being excluded from participating in the live broadcast (IMO) or even accessing the broadcast

OWS -
Really? What else could they have done? The club have been fantastic over the last few months and yet you still don’t think it’s enough?

Some people

Really? What else could they have done? The club have been fantastic over the last few months and yet you still don’t think it’s enough?

Some people
Yes - I think it’s reasonable to assume that practically everyone would have an internet link. if some don’t, then that’s their choice but they will miss out on some communications just as they would have missed out on any info on oufc.co.uk for years now.

Some of the more interesting stuff from the forum included very strong opinions from both Karl and NMcW opposing the amalgamation of leagues 1 & 2 and also they were against the proposed "salary cap" for players. The latter bucks the trend supposedly set by a letter sent to the EFL from clubs in league 1 & 2. (37 out of 47)

Karl expressed his desire to play all the remaining games but limit the play offs to one leg only. He cited how we had managed to play 9 games in a month and saw no reason why we couldn't repeat that.

One of the groundsmen was on line, much to Karl's amusement, prompting a conversation about the pitches - all in very good shape and ready to go.

Work is being done on how to proceed with season tickets both for this and next season. The club has sympathy with those who may be struggling financially.

The search for a site for a new stadium has been affected by the current situation. It was interesting, reading between the lines, that there was no indication of staying at the Kass.

Players are expected to be furloughed for the next two weeks and then brought back if, as Karl was expecting, an announcement made regarding playing the remaining fixtures. The players would be brought back in time to train. Their salaries are being "topped up" by the club.

All those currently on loan have expressed their wish to remain at the club until season end.

No decision yet on Matty Taylor.

Jamie Mackie to stay at the club if he so wishes.

Radox, through Jerome, would like to repeat this in two weeks time and plan to have video of both Karl and N McW. (now they understand the technology!)

There was some other stuff including a reference to transfer targets but we get that every season! I'm sure someone else will come in with anything I may have missed.

I found this a very easy way to participate and would encourage others to do the same.

168 people were on it weren't they? I'd say thats a good turnout.

Thought it went well, disappointed with the low amount on it though.

Wise words from KR, NM, main thing for me was we are still paying full rent to that bastard that owns the ground!

Back
Top Bottom