Manager/Coach Fan's Forum tonight

Uh oh, Luton have sacked their manager after failing to win since March. Nearer Karl’s house than Oxford ...

This was talked about on last nights forum:

Two on their way to Mr & Mrs Manorlounger then!!

Always room for improvement though wouldnt you say?- A simulatenous broadcast of Fans forum via zoom and radio Oxford perhaps? thus Including the older OUFC supporters who are isolating for 12 weeks, but have no internet acess and no-one can visit and share their laptop/smartphone or tablet with said older OUFC supporters ?

its the 'some people', who are over a certain age, isolated/ shielding as instructed, for 12 weeks, without internet access / or ability to operate the required technology , - such as My dad, my uncle and their mates ( all ST holders), who Im concerned about. Their mental health is as important as anyone else's IMO, avid OUFC supporters isolating for 12 weeks, with not much to do to pass the 12 week isolation- But hey they're all old, so f**k em , right?
Wow - club can’t win. Put this on match days people moan, put in on an evening and people moan. The club have been amazing - yes some people won’t be able to listen on zoom, but you still complain that it should be on the radio. That’s nothing to do with the club. Players have been calling older fans, is that not amazing! Is that not enough? Is that not over and above? To use the mental health argument is quite frankly embarrassing to you given the importance that the club and the manager puts on this issue.

Your criticism is a disgrace given all the club have done for the community. I’m actually embarrassed for you.

Wow - club can’t win. Put this on match days people moan, put in on an evening and people moan. The club have been amazing - yes some people won’t be able to listen on zoom, but you still complain that it should be on the radio. That’s nothing to do with the club. Players have been calling older fans, is that not amazing! Is that not enough? Is that not over and above? To use the mental health argument is quite frankly embarrassing to you given the importance that the club and the manager puts on this issue.

Your criticism is a disgrace given all the club have done for the community. I’m actually embarrassed for you.
dont be- there was no critiscism of the club , just pointing out , on a forum- where views are exchanged arent they ...I was pointing out- that it was a shame that older supporters isolating for 12 weeks would be unable to participate, as in making observations on behalf of elderly oufc st holders ( including my 86 year old dad and his older brother- my uncle, who are shielding for 12 weeks and dont have internet access )- but hey theyre all old, so f**k em , they dont matter, and it doesnt matter their mental health is suffering does it, right?

your attitude regarding old people who are isolated, and have practically no contact bar via telephone, is whats really really embarassing finlandia- what next legalised euthanasia for the over 70s ?

and its also embarassng that you appear to be totally incapable of reading any discussion s on a thread instead trying to pick a row ... enjoy the sunshine tomorrow.... some older oufc supporters in shielded 12 week isolation wont be able to ...but f**k em, theyre old , right?

it turns out last nights zoom fans forum was a trial run by radio oxford... and the intent is to , if they (radio oxford) broadcast a Fans forrum via zoom to combine it with live radio broadcast - IF youd read the thread postings you know that - how embarassing that must be for you ? :ROFLMAO:

dont be- there was no critiscism of the club , just pointing out , on a forum- where views are exchanged arent they ...I was / - tha older supporters isolating for 12 weeks would be unable to participate, as in making observations on behalf of elderly oufc st holders ( including my 86 year old dad and his older brother- my uncle, who are shielding for 12 weeks and dont have internet access )- but hey theyre all old, so f**k em , they dont matter, and it doesnt matter their mental health is suffering does it, right?

your attitude regarding old people who are isolated, and have practically no contact bar via telephone, is whats really really embarassing finlandia- what next legalised euthanasia for the over 70s ?

and its also embarassng that you appear to be totally incapable of reading any discussion s on a thread instead trying to pick a row ... enjoy the sunshine tomorrow.... some older oufc supporters in shielded 12 week isolation wont be able to ...but f**k em, theyre old , right?

The club are calling all vulnerable season ticket holders. My reply to you was based purely on your criticism of the club. Don’t deflect and spin.

The club are calling all vulnerable season ticket holders. My reply to you was based purely on your criticism of the club. Don’t deflect and spin.
you have a direct albeit erroneous pop at what you assume Ive said.... how embarassed are you now, claiming to be a mind reader and it turns out you clearly are not?

no deflect and spin from me finlandia, (as you'd discover , IF you actually read exchanges of opinions on this thread), instead of picking one posting, out of contex, and then managing to misinterpret. I think theres a whiff of pot calling the kettle black ?.... now that IS embarassing :ROFLMAO:

There is a huge difference between the club ringing vulnerable supporters and being able to take part in a internet based forum

There is a huge difference between the club ringing vulnerable supporters and being able to take part in a internet based forum
Of course there is a difference, but life is not about making everything equal. I am sure that those who have had a personal call from the club really value that contact and it is a lovely thing to do.

An internet based fans forum is a good opportunity to get more information, and to give sone the chance to ask questions. It may exclude some, but it is being repeated on radio Oxford and information from it has been shared on here for those who missed out.

Two good initiatives by the club, and they deserve credit for both. It may not be perfect but nothing is at the moment.

Always room for improvement though wouldnt you say?- A simulatenous broadcast of Fans forum via zoom and radio Oxford perhaps? thus Including the older OUFC supporters who are isolating for 12 weeks, but have no internet acess and no-one can visit and share their laptop/smartphone or tablet with said older OUFC supporters ?

its the 'some people', who are over a certain age, isolated/ shielding as instructed, for 12 weeks, without internet access / or ability to operate the required technology , - such as My dad, my uncle and their mates ( all ST holders), who Im concerned about. Their mental health is as important as anyone else's IMO, avid OUFC supporters isolating for 12 weeks, with not much to do to pass the 12 week isolation- But hey they're all old, so f**k em , right?

I agree Sarge, mental health is very important, communication and social activities are shown to help decrease depression, anxiety and reduce the risk of dementia.

Back
Top Bottom