Fans Forum, shareholders AGM, Oxvox members open meeting?

Sarge

God like member
In my opinion a Fans Forum ( as promised by Tiger at last seasons ff) hasnt taken place and is beginning to look imperative , not to mention begining to look as if it will be well overdue IF the powers that be actually get round to arranging it!!!

Shareholders AGM, ( which Tiger 'agreed' there would be -also at the ff last season), granted Tigers concept of timespans we know isnt that accurate, but, ....it does seem there isnt going to be a shareholders agm ?

As an Oxxox member, I am of course aware that there is an Oxox members meeting,with guest speakers(?) currently being arranged for sometime soonish. IF the two official OUFC meetings (above) fail to materialise - which at the moment seems to be highly likely!- I dont know how feasible it would be for Oxvox to 'invite' Tiger and Robinson along as guest speakers(?) - or if KR is unavailable (or like the league cup KR sees Oxvox members as irrelivant) then maybe invite his bagman Derry along?

At least Oxvox are working on delivering what has been promised - unlike OUFC admin :(

I think Im not alone in the view that especially given the manner of the less than engaging manner of the poor , very poor start to the season, along with other topics, there are questions that would be best answered by either OUFC chairman and/or the head coach directly sooner rather than later too

After the fantastic success in the transfer market and pre-season, @Sarge, I think this sort of post will do little to improve morale. Why can't you just get behind the management and the team like a good chap, eh?

Tiger has said a couple of times that they would look to get a fans forum style event in once the new training ground is fully up and running.

New training ground, snazzy new kit, new sponsor, painted bogs in the south stand a transfer budget to bring in highly rated players on loan, Derry, leisure wear.... the list goes on! What on earth would there be to even consider questioning?!

Some people are just never happy @Sarge ;-P

I can totally understand the frustration at the lack of Forum @Sarge and it's a point we raised when we met Tiger after the Fleetwood game. Tiger did say he was disappointed that he had not been able to book anything in yet but in fairness he wanted to do it at the training ground which as we know has had a couple of set backs. My honest opinion is that he wants to get it sorted and it will happen soon. He had already penciled in a couple of potential dates. I guess this is one of the drawbacks of him not being in Oxford as regularly as we would like. The one thing I would say though is that I genuinely believe he wants to interact with the fans and that now that the madness of the transfer deadline is over with we will see something booked in soon. Regardless of this OxVox plan to hold a meeting soon and yes, we intend to invite members of OUFC to engage with the fans. Hope that helps?

Last edited:
In my opinion a Fans Forum ( as promised by Tiger at last seasons ff) hasnt taken place and is beginning to look imperative , not to mention begining to look as if it will be well overdue IF the powers that be actually get round to arranging it!!!

Shareholders AGM, ( which Tiger 'agreed' there would be -also at the ff last season), granted Tigers concept of timespans we know isnt that accurate, but, ....it does seem there isnt going to be a shareholders agm ?

As an Oxxox member, I am of course aware that there is an Oxox members meeting,with guest speakers(?) currently being arranged for sometime soonish. IF the two official OUFC meetings (above) fail to materialise - which at the moment seems to be highly likely!- I dont know how feasible it would be for Oxvox to 'invite' Tiger and Robinson along as guest speakers(?) - or if KR is unavailable (or like the league cup KR sees Oxvox members as irrelivant) then maybe invite his bagman Derry along?

At least Oxvox are working on delivering what has been promised - unlike OUFC admin :(

I think Im not alone in the view that especially given the manner of the less than engaging manner of the poor , very poor start to the season, along with other topics, there are questions that would be best answered by either OUFC chairman and/or the head coach directly sooner rather than later too

Just to update slightly it looks like it might be October for the planned OUFC Forum. I know that's not ideal but it's being organised and hopefully will be announced soon. We will pass on any news we have as soon as we get it and will keep you informed of our plans for a meeting.

Tiger DID agree to a shareholders AGM at the fans forum ......may2017 was when last one was held (at cpf) ...it was summer 2015 the one previous to that was held....as it's already August it seems the promise of a shareholders AGM won't come to fruition in 2018? .....positive news 're fans forum and also ox vox members open meeting with (hopefully) guest speakers :).......... cheers for updates @Paul P

The stadium situation is critical to the clubs future, and that lease expiry date is fast approaching. Hopefully this is high on the agenda next time Tiger meets the fans, whichever event that may be.

Tiger DID agree to a shareholders AGM at the fans forum ......may2017 was when last one was held (at cpf) ...it was summer 2015 the one previous to that was held....as it's already August it seems the promise of a shareholders AGM won't come to fruition in 2018? .....positive news 're fans forum and also ox vox members open meeting with (hopefully) guest speakers :).......... cheers for updates @Paul P
Is a shareholders AGM not a legal requirement ?

Is a shareholders AGM not a legal requirement ?
Apparently it hasn't been a legal requirement to hold a shareholders Annual General Meeting for a few years now.......part of the reason for asking tiger if there'd be one at the fans forum, he agreed there would be an AGM ....but, it appears despite agreeing there would be an AGM (in 2018) that there isn't going to be one?

The stadium situation is critical to the clubs future, and that lease expiry date is fast approaching. Hopefully this is high on the agenda next time Tiger meets the fans, whichever event that may be.

Couldn't agree more and I assure you it is right up there on the OxVox agenda too. I started a thread some time back before I was on the committee called 'the clock is ticking" (I think) about just this and my position hasn't changed since then. We need to be very mindful of letting time tick away without pressing the issue. Thankfully Tiger agrees and has held meetings with FK and is also working on contingencies but a plan to renegotiate the licence to include all revenues from the stadium and to have full control of the upkeep and future improvement of the stadium is on the table.
That would put control of our home back in our hands. That being said we are not closed off to any options and are looking at them all.

Hopefully Charlie gave farmer Giles' number to Tiger and OxVox before relocating.

There'll be plenty of space on the Mini site when it gets closed down after Brexit. ;)

No legal requirement to host AGMs any more. Companies can choose to do them if they wish, but not mandatory. It doesn't prohibit shareholders asking for items they are due though.

Back
Top Bottom