Fans behind the goal.

Robie

I thought it was a nice touch from the club to get the zoom call behind the fence end.

I didn't see it publicised anywhere but well done the club.

I'm saddened that as a once fervent and very chippy fan base we really seem to have softened. Everyone was told to stay away and what happens - a rag and bone ensemble of pompey scuttlers rock up outside the open end of 'our' home turf in full view to everyone watching and we are all at home seated on our couches.

Do you think a minibus of our supporters would have been allowed to do the same at fratton park? Exactly. But it happened at our joint.

KR initiated in Monday's Daily Mirror something along the lines of I'm sure there will be a few of our fans walking by the stadium tonight as it's a public place but was said to then say that if you do - to behave. This I believe was KR's way of hoping a few fans would be there to give the yellows a shout. He probably knew that a few pompey fans would gate crash the home leg. But no it was 10 to 15 pompey supporters having a love in at our expense taking the P**s at our ground and no one did a jot about it. The stewards no doubt helped them build their transit van temporary stand with them. Social distance was ok as they were all related and the stewards believed them. It was foolproof.

That's why next week I'm going to go and find a place near the arch, to watch the match in a pub whilst having a beer and hopefully cheer the team on from as close as the social distance rules allow.

I'm not letting this pass me by as we have had mixed messages in what we can or cannot do and after witnessing people (customers) still licking their fingers in sainsbury's to open their vegetable cling plastic bags a beer near the stadium, a metre or two away from my next table neighbour is the least I can do.

There will no doubt be some High Wycombe Fc supporters on the train when travelling down so I will wear my oufc mask with pride on Monday.

Coyy's.

I'm saddened that as a once fervent and very chippy fan base we really seem to have softened. Everyone was told to stay away and what happens - a rag and bone ensemble of pompey scuttlers rock up outside the open end of 'our' home turf in full view to everyone watching and we are all at home seated on our couches.

Do you think a minibus of our supporters would have been allowed to do the same at fratton park? Exactly. But it happened at our joint.

KR initiated in Monday's Daily Mirror something along the lines of I'm sure there will be a few of our fans walking by the stadium tonight as it's a public place but was said to then say that if you do - to behave. This I believe was KR's way of hoping a few fans would be there to give the yellows a shout. He probably knew that a few pompey fans would gate crash the home leg. But no it was 10 to 15 pompey supporters having a love in at our expense taking the P**s at our ground and no one did a jot about it. The stewards no doubt helped them build their transit van temporary stand with them. Social distance was ok as they were all related and the stewards believed them. It was foolproof.

That's why next week I'm going to go and find a place near the arch, to watch the match in a pub whilst having a beer and hopefully cheer the team on from as close as the social distance rules allow.

I'm not letting this pass me by as we have had mixed messages in what we can or cannot do and after witnessing people (customers) still licking their fingers in sainsbury's to open their vegetable cling plastic bags a beer near the stadium, a metre or two away from my next table neighbour is the least I can do.

There will no doubt be some High Wycombe Fc supporters on the train when travelling down so I will wear my oufc mask with pride on Monday.

Coyy's.

What were you expecting? A firm to go steaming in, ripping pallets down, turning the truck over, giving those muppets a pwoper kicking - all live on tv?

Did you dig out your stone island onesie and do some pavement dancing to show your anger?

No, you probably sat on your a**e watching on TV and will be doing exactly the same Monday night! Soft lad!!!

Pwoper naughty. Pavement dancing. Stone island onesie. Soft lad. Cheers for that scotch as I'm as far away from those 'hoolie' terms as you look like an egg.

You really need to read the script again as apart from an opening message of our chippy fan base softening I was in no way indicating from my post for fans to steam in and jenga there pallet seating. I was merely saying that from KR's Daily Mirror comment it would have been nice to have seen a few more yellow supporters in the vicinity drowning out the play up pompey shouts.

However, Mr Egg I couldn't have policed any potential gathering or gatherings if it happened especially from the safety of my TV room (because I was watching my TV sat on my a**e according to you) to ensure their wasn't going to be any argy bargy or pavement dancing to you in the hoolie know.

I must admit I read your initial post the same as @Scotchegg did. But now you’ve explained it a bit I understand what you were saying. Having said that I wish someone would stick Westwood’s bell up his a**e! ?

It was actually nice that as a club we didn't lower ourselves to the standards of others. Throughout this crisis, we have done everything right. KR and others checking in with fans, players helping in the community, Tiger producing masks, the players training hard at home, the club supporting their mental health, coming in early to prepare, and then doing the business in 2 difficult games.

The club have given us everything and in return they ask us to stay away. We did, but you seem to think that was a weakness?

I could give a shite about some dickheads on a pallet, in fact if anything it's even better that they had a miserable drive home!

It annoyed me that on TV you could hear them all game, and that when we were taking our penalties you could also hear them trying to put the players off. That did P**s me off, as did the police just letting them do it for over two hours.

Then Cameron Brannagan smashed the winner into the bottom corner to send us to Wembley, and it made me really happy knowing that they would have to go home with nothing but the knowledge that it’s another season in the lower leagues for them. Which is something that will sting them for at least the next year, minimum.

I suggest you take time out today and read the article in the Mirror. Perhaps it may help you see that our gaffer slightly suggested we may see a little 'soft gathering of oufc fans ' in his words not mine. Then perhaps take your holier than holier nigglefest with me to him and get his response on the subject. A case of mixed messages Mr Cummings... sorry Mr Egg.

I tried to say, as it was a football match as such in the circumstances that I felt a few supporters in the vicinity would have at least tried in a civil as could way drown out the monotonous play up pompey chants with a few come on you yellows. Do you really believe our players couldn't hear the support given to pompey irrespective of who they were? I thought we weren't as fluent as before the enforced break and being the 'home's team it seemed ridiculous that 15 or so away fans could've maybe swayed the result their way in such an important game. However, thankfully we dug in and struck five impressive penalties to win the game.

I'm a betting man and I'm sure there would have been eleven players in the oufc dressing room that evening who would have had the same thoughts as me on the subject of support that evening. Social distancing or not.

Get over it - It was a post.

I suggest you take time out today and read the article in the Mirror. Perhaps it may help you see that our gaffer slightly suggested we may see a little 'soft gathering of oufc fans ' in his words not mine. Then perhaps take your holier than holier nigglefest with me to him and get his response on the subject. A case of mixed messages Mr Cummings... sorry Mr Egg.

I tried to say, as it was a football match as such in the circumstances that I felt a few supporters in the vicinity would have at least tried in a civil as could way drown out the monotonous play up pompey chants with a few come on you yellows. Do you really believe our players couldn't hear the support given to pompey irrespective of who they were? I thought we weren't as fluent as before the enforced break and being the 'home's team it seemed ridiculous that 15 or so away fans could've maybe swayed the result their way in such an important game. However, thankfully we dug in and struck five impressive penalties to win the game.

I'm a betting man and I'm sure there would have been eleven players in the oufc dressing room that evening who would have had the same thoughts as me on the subject of support that evening. Social distancing or not.

Get over it - It was a post.

4 months off and it was 15 muppets and a bell that stopped our fluidity?!

Christ!

I’m just pissed off as to why the TV cameras couldn’t even just do a quick sweep across of the cardboard cut-outs of the fans etc, but choose to scan in on David Beckham.

I mean, the whole point of them is to make it feel that there’s a crowd there in the times, and they don’t even have the decency to show them in totality!

Also, for Sky to not switch to one of the other channels e.g. 402 to finish off the program after the end of the penalty shoot-out was ludicrous. Basically saw Brannagan scores his penalty then went to 5+ mins of adverts before commencing the Premiershite coverage which could have easily been covered under channel 401 (main event) e.g. similar to what BBC do during Wimbledon if a game overruns, move from BBC1 to BBC2. So bloody disrespectful of Sky, but I wouldn’t expect anything less.

[QUOTE="christenedinjericho, post: 277547, member: 532"

I'm not letting this pass me by as we have had mixed messages in what we can or cannot do and after witnessing people (customers) still licking their fingers in sainsbury's to open their vegetable cling plastic bags a beer near the stadium, a metre or two away from my next table neighbour is the least I

Coyy's.
[/QUOTE]
Cling film bags are no longer used in Sainsbury’s ?

I’m just pissed off as to why the TV cameras couldn’t even just do a quick sweep across of the cardboard cut-outs of the fans etc, but choose to scan in on David Beckham.

I mean, the whole point of them is to make it feel that there’s a crowd there in the times, and they don’t even have the decency to show them in totality!

Also, for Sky to not switch to one of the other channels e.g. 402 to finish off the program after the end of the penalty shoot-out was ludicrous. Basically saw Brannagan scores his penalty then went to 5+ mins of adverts before commencing the Premiershite coverage which could have easily been covered under channel 401 (main event) e.g. similar to what BBC do during Wimbledon if a game overruns, move from BBC1 to BBC2. So bloody disrespectful of Sky, but I wouldn’t expect anything less.

And to cap their crap coverage I recorded the whole game, this morning I went to watch the penalties and the recording finishes at the commercial break at the end of extra time so no pens! ?

And to cap their crap coverage I recorded the whole game, this morning I went to watch the penalties and the recording finishes at the commercial break at the end of extra time so no pens! ?

Yes, I had this but I blame Virgin's TV system for it and myself for forgetting that to be sure record the next programme as well.

Back
Top Bottom