Matches Fake rivalry (wycombe)

So nicey and nicey! Is this also you slating Oxford fans on your own forum?

"Having the misfortune to live amongst the muppets I just hope we put out our strongest side of the season. Maybe the anti football shite they spout at us can finally end. Yes we are strong at set pieces but we have a more attacking football style we are due to give someone a drubbing let’s hope it’s them. Chatting to an oxford fan the other day not confident they will be up there at the end of the season." - OX66

If it is then bye. Get the message, there is no local derby tomorrow. A derby has history, passion, just like you and Slough.
That's not me! Unsurprisingly, there are quite a few Wycombe fans living in and around Oxford. I previously complimented your fans in this very thread

And here we are, 6 pages later, giving them the very oxygen needed to keep this pointless thread alive. Every f*****g time we play them this comes up. I think we’ve established that the older fan base only consider Swindon and even Reading as rivals.
Irritating neighbours, that’s about the sum of it.
Same thing happens when we play Northampton ☹️

I think there are two basic factors that make a rivalry... the main one being the violence between fans back in the day, and then with it also being a relatively local team.

With Wycombe the only one of those will ever be the being local part.... so no different than Northampton, MK etc when in the same division.

That's not me! Unsurprisingly, there are quite a few Wycombe fans living in and around Oxford. I previously complimented your fans in this very thread
there isnt even quite a few in wycombe ffs!

On topics of rivalry if ox city ever got to the football league who would be there rivals I don’t wish to be ignorant but don’t really follow ox city but surely they don’t see us as rivals

Wycombe have found a candidate at last.

A lot closer to it than you.

Absolutely, and anyone who says otherwise is either lying or deluded.

But OUFC have only been a member of the football league since the 60’s, that’s only 30 years longer than us. Both of our teams began in non league and you’ve been in it a lot more recently than us

Back
Top Bottom