+++ FACup 3rd Round 4/1/2020 OUFC V Hartlepool Utd +++

Did robbo say anything about transfers in his interview? Ifollow rad ox cut out half way through

Did robbo say anything about transfers in his interview? Ifollow rad ox cut out half way through
I thought he sounded very cagey when asked about transfer news. Hopefully that means signings are imminent. Jerome said afterwards that it sounded like Karl was ‘asking for help’, not sure what he meant by that?

He was saying to Tiger (who is asleep?) that the FA prize money should be invested in the team.

He was just pointing out all the various injuries we have with a small squad

Great result today. I agree with Hall and the Radox team. Sod the money draw, let’s progress. We can beat most teams.

Special mention today for the bloke behind me in the JS stand doing his best accidental sexy cries of encouragement.

“Come on Oxford, let’s get dirty! Hit them harder! Two at a time if need be, just get hold of it!”

I had to go and stand in the concourse facing the wall at half time until I calmed down.

I can fully understand limiting the amount of stands open for leasing.com trophy games.... but for proper cup competitions, personally I dont like this 'customer service' meted out by OUFC for what is the oldest ( and supposedly, ha), most respected cup competition in the world.
I didnt like the only limited areas open for the Posh & Millwall games in the league cup earlier this season either!

Also - closing areas of home stands for a cup game, in a proper cup , is disrespectful of both the opposition and their supporters

imagine if we drew the bindippers away in round four (assuming we get past Hartlepool) , and they closed off parts of their stands , because its 'only' Oxford theyre playing? meltdown on that would rage for weeks

Football clubs , Oxford United FC included, are ALL guilty of disrespecting the oldest club cup competition in the world

FSA point out just how contemptuous football clubs have become regarding the FA CUP - especially the 3rd round, when the (so called) elite are included ....

Sheff United shut their kop end a few years back when we played them in the cup.

Baptiste was like the big kid in the playground second half - Hartlepool couldn't get near him and he bossed the middle of the park completely. Was great to see - hopefully the knock was nothing serious (the US commentators thought it was a head injury).

Thought that was Rob Hall's best game for a while, too. He was easily better than Sykes or Fosu throughout.

Job Done. Now let's get one of the big draws at the Kasstad in Round 4.

First half was a painful watch. We had so much possession but other than a shot by Hall we didn’t look at all like scoring.
As soon as we equalised there was only one winner. They were blowing in the first half and gaps were always going to be created.
Thought they should have persevered with the long ball as Dickie was struggling the first half.
Credit to Hartlepool fans who backed their team for 90 minutes. A good following considering such a long journey and just after Xmas.

According to Rob Hall who deputised for Shandon in the 1893 club post game, Shandon is ok. Having treatment but ok.
He spoke highly of him and how the team love to watch his movement, "like a kid playing in a park" well deserved man of the match.

I don't think we could have complained if they'd been given that pen at the end of the first half, definitely seen them given. Totally different half time and probably outcome then.

I don't want to patronise HUFC and commend them for giving it a good go, I think they missed a chance for a big result here. I thought they were slightly naive with how they failed to kill the game off, especially at the beginning of the second half when we were building a head of steam, they had to more to kill our momentum. Makes you appreciate how 'good' some teams in our league are at it. Not complaining though obviously!

Baptiste... That is now 3 times in 4 games when he's done something brilliant to give us decisive leads. He's surely creating too much noise at the moment not to be the subject of a LOT of interest in January, that goal today is all over Twitter and is one of the best individual goals I can remember us scoring.

I can fully understand limiting the amount of stands open for leasing.com trophy games.... but for proper cup competitions, personally I dont like this 'customer service' meted out by OUFC for what is the oldest ( and supposedly, ha), most respected cup competition in the world.
I didnt like the only limited areas open for the Posh & Millwall games in the league cup earlier this season either!

Also - closing areas of home stands for a cup game, in a proper cup , is disrespectful of both the opposition and their supporters

imagine if we drew the bindippers away in round four (assuming we get past Hartlepool) , and they closed off parts of their stands , because its 'only' Oxford theyre playing? meltdown on that would rage for weeks

Football clubs , Oxford United FC included, are ALL guilty of disrespecting the oldest club cup competition in the world

FSA point out just how contemptuous football clubs have become regarding the FA CUP - especially the 3rd round, when the (so called) elite are included ....

WALOFS.
I’ve been to plenty of games and ground where they don’t open all the home areas to home fans. (Blunderland , MK Dons) or where they don’t open all the away blocks to away fans which won’t sell out. MK Dons , Doncaster.

You’d probably moan about fans rattling around an empty stand when the club is making sure you are in a full-ish area.

Back
Top Bottom