+++ FACup 3rd Round 4/1/2020 OUFC V Hartlepool Utd +++

What a week and a half it's been for Baptiste. We all saw the worldie to give us the 3pts on Boxing Day, they highlight his sublime assist against Wombles on Quest and then he gets a good segment with high praise for his goal on the main BBC FA Cup highlights show. I'm not kidding when I say I believe the lad has trebled his value in the last 10 days, which can only be a good thing for him and the club.

II was talking specifically about Mackie as the main striker.

Not a problem if you‘ve got half a dozen players who can weigh in with 9-10 goals over the course of the season.

Henry, Brannigan, Fosu-Henry, Taylor, Hall, Baptiste sharing the goals around is arguably better than putting all your eggs
in the basket of a single striker.

This team/squad is packed with goals with more talent lined up to come in.

God I've sat in the south stand previously for some game when North stand closed, but please please don't make me sit with those moaning moaning people again. (Great restraint shown in description there) it's like being in a different stadium
Possibly because you miserable lot got our seats and we never went.:mad:

Shandon Baptiste : the class of 2020

ENc8H_kWsAA34GR

I don't remember them being like that in previous league meetings. So I assume it was because they were in round 3 up against a much higher placed team. I'm sure we'd be similar if away at a prem team in the next round.
A bit like Boro I suppose..

I have been told West Ham are coming in for Shandon, 2 million so I hope that's wrong!

Prize money is decent, do you get the money for each win so it adds up or just the one payment ie if we go out in the fourth round that’s the money we get? Either way it supports the argument of getting winnable ties as long as we can before getting televised losing away in a replay to one of the big teams.72F9EEFB-D609-41F9-8A90-8FA47824B41C.jpeg

Tv money here to, with gate money added in the fa cup can be a real money spinner, enough to persuade the board to keep hold of players if we get a decent draw?CBFEC42D-9E83-4A5A-BB2D-F085603124B6.jpeg

Used to be each side gets 45% of gate receipts with FA getting the other 10%. Is that still true?

Our "winnings" so far have been,

First round £36k plus £75k tv
Second round £54k
Third £135k

So we've already made £300k out of the FA cup. The split of gate receipts are 45% each after expenses. So an away tie to Man Utd was apparently worth around £1m to lower league teams in previous years. A home sellout in contrast would net less than £100k I would imagine.

Used to be each side gets 45% of gate receipts with FA getting the other 10%. Is that still true?
I found this about gate receipts in the FA Cup.

For the Third to sixth rounds of the FA Cup, 10% is taken from net gate receipts and added to the pool, leaving both clubs with 45% of net gate receipts (42.5% for replays).

However, where one of the clubs is outside the football league, that club get 50%, the other club 40%, with 10% still going to the pool (47.5% and 37.5% for replays, with 10% still going to the pool)

Full article attached if your interested.

http://financialfootballnews.com/fa-cup-prize-money-much-can-club-get/

There is a lot of interest in Shandon, but the club value him higher than anyone else and £2-3m will be laughed at.

Exactly. He’s a £5M minimum right now. The football club will not entertain 2-3M.

I have been told West Ham are coming in for Shandon, 2 million so I hope that's wrong!
If a premier league team comes in for him I dont think we can stand in his way. If it were 2 million plus a player and Shandon Baptiste back on loan for a year then I think the club would take it.

Our "winnings" so far have been,

First round £36k plus £75k tv
Second round £54k
Third £135k

So we've already made £300k out of the FA cup. The split of gate receipts are 45% each after expenses. So an away tie to Man Utd was apparently worth around £1m to lower league teams in previous years. A home sellout in contrast would net less than £100k I would imagine.
Wrong
135 plus tv for first round
Reading the prize money if we lose next round we get no more prize money

Back
Top Bottom