+++ FACup 3rd Round 4/1/2020 OUFC V Hartlepool Utd +++

A few thoughts:

- We were not very good in the 1st half. But played well and became a lot more clinical in the 2nd half.

- Dickie had one of his worst games of the season. He picked the right game for it and he isn't going to be superb every game anyway. He was lucky not to get a 2nd booking on a couple of occasions (other games he would have got them with some of the Refs) when he pulled their forward back in the chance for them at the end of the 1st half, and a high boot early in the 2nd.

- Sykes had a good game. Ok in the 1st half when he was one of the few creative links in the team but was excellent in the 2nd half.

- Superb goal by Baptiste and not bad from Robbie Hall.

- Can somebody kick Robbie Hall before games when he plays in future as he seems to better when that happens? After getting crunched his game definitely picked up which I must say included some lovely timed tackles.

- Nice assist by Lopes.:)

- Hopefully goals for Matty Taylor and Tariqe Fosu gets them both back on a run of goals in Lg games.

- A good move to give Fosu the captaincy I reckon as it may well boost his confidence as well. Although I did chuckle when the Ref struggled to call him over with the Dickie incident.

- A surprisingly good crowd which is nice even with the lower prices. Good following from Hartlepool.

Credit to Hartlepool. Thought they played well - better than some league 1 teams I’ve seen this season. Glad to have come through that one. Two very tough league games next. COYY

We had a comedy Grumpy old bloke in front of us sitting in the South Stand Upper just for a change. The 1st half, he actually provided the entertainment rather than the game. He clearly didn't seem to grasp how we now play the game.

I won't make the mistake of watching from there again though as I felt detached from the game. Tbf, that might be due to having watched from the East Stand, and the London Road before that, for so many years that it is just wrong for me.
Well the east stand was open so why did you go in the south? Most people know the south is like the old beach road and the east is the London road.

Today’s game was a banana shin waiting to happen, but a game of 2 half’s. 1st half we weren’t in it below par.
Dickie should have been red carded for a 2nd yellow but got away with that.Hall 1st half pretty non existent as was Fosu, Shandon was doing his best but struggled as others around him were not doing to well.
what were Dickie and Archer doing for their goal?

half time dressing room must have been ##%|€%%
{%% £/&@ ????

2nd half the dressing room worked.

we came out refreshed and hair dryered and it worked Hall who was anonymous 1st half hit a sweet curler in to the bottom right and boom had to eat some 1st half words.

Boom enter Shandon Baptiste god his value s**t up with another classy well taken goal

Boom no 3 Tariq Fosu got a much needed goal and his non celebration other than stood looking at the east stand seemed to show what it meant to him and the club.

Boom a penalty damn Henry isn’t n the pitch, up stepped Matty Taylor and with some ferocity that penalty straight down the middle that nearly took the net off.

End of the game 135k earned in the hat for Monday’s draw.

was a tad concerned when the players came over to the East stand to applaud the fans it seemed Dickie went out of his way to wave to the fans it maybe solely be he knew in the East stand or was it a premature Au revoir?

God I've sat in the south stand previously for some game when North stand closed, but please please don't make me sit with those moaning moaning people again. (Great restraint shown in description there) it's like being in a different stadium

You could have been with the retreads in the East Stand.

Well the east stand was open so why did you go in the south? Most people know the south is like the old beach road and the east is the London road.

For a change and the others wanted to change for a game. Won't do it again mind. Got the benefit of the comedy Grumpy old bloke though.

I keep seeing this 135k figure being talked about as prize money, but is that cumulative prize money, or the prize money specifically for this round? As in, will we be sent a cheque for 135k tomorrow morning, and then a check for 180k when we win in the next round? 135k just seems like a hell of a lot for this one round, especially when you consider (if it's prize money per round) that we've won 225k just from beating H&Y, Walsall and Hartlepool?

FA website wording unclear: http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

P
I keep seeing this 135k figure being talked about as prize money, but is that cumulative prize money, or the prize money specifically for this round? As in, will we be sent a cheque for 135k tomorrow morning, and then a check for 180k when we win in the next round? 135k just seems like a hell of a lot for this one round, especially when you consider (if it's prize money per round) that we've won 225k just from beating H&Y, Walsall and Hartlepool?

FA website wording unclear: http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund
prize money for the round

RadOx quoted the £135k figure and it is just for this round, so on top of the H&Y and Walsall money from previous rounds. Plus of course there is the H&Y TV money on top of all that (£75k iirc which I probably don't).

Today’s game was a banana shin waiting to happen, but a game of 2 half’s. 1st half we weren’t in it below par.
Dickie should have been red carded for a 2nd yellow but got away with that.Hall 1st half pretty non existent as was Fosu, Shandon was doing his best but struggled as others around him were not doing to well.
what were Dickie and Archer doing for their goal?

half time dressing room must have been ##%|€%%
{%% £/&@ [emoji2935][emoji2935][emoji2935][emoji24]

2nd half the dressing room worked.

we came out refreshed and hair dryered and it worked Hall who was anonymous 1st half hit a sweet curler in to the bottom right and boom had to eat some 1st half words.

Boom enter Shandon Baptiste god his value s**t up with another classy well taken goal

Boom no 3 Tariq Fosu got a much needed goal and his non celebration other than stood looking at the east stand seemed to show what it meant to him and the club.

Boom a penalty damn Henry isn’t n the pitch, up stepped Matty Taylor and with some ferocity that penalty straight down the middle that nearly took the net off.

End of the game 135k earned in the hat for Monday’s draw.

was a tad concerned when the players came over to the East stand to applaud the fans it seemed Dickie went out of his way to wave to the fans it maybe solely be he knew in the East stand or was it a premature Au revoir?

Hopefully no banana shins next round.

God I've sat in the south stand previously for some game when North stand closed, but please please don't make me sit with those moaning moaning people again. (Great restraint shown in description there) it's like being in a different stadium
I too,was sat in the SSU (normally East Stand), and boy, are they miserable :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom