Face coverings

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Wish the club made some extra masks to sell, government now advising to wear them in shops and public transport.

They are only OK if you don't wear glasses. With glasses they stream up every time you breathe out and you can't see a thing.

Mrs ZtH is, as we speak, busy making proper tailored masks (ie no stupid great gaps at the sides) with a removable filter in a pocket for family members. We always knew this was going to be recommended, just been delayed so people didn't buy up the stocks better used by the NHS.

Sadly, ours have not arrived. Hey ho, will get by with disposable for the time being.

On a serious note.............. based on NHS staff advice.
Surgical face masks are good for 30 minutes tops.
FFP2 or FFP3 are better by far.
N95 graded masks are much better for much longer,up to 8 hours but far more uncomfortable if fitted properly.
Learn how to put it on (clean your hands first) and take it off properly (clean your hands before and after, don`t touch the body of the mask just the ear loops).
Use a mask/face covering where you can not social distance (bus, train, small area).

Don`t wear gloves to multiple locations, washing your hands or sanitising is a far better option.

Don`t touch your face. Your mouth, nose & eyes are the entry points.

Don`t wear gloves to multiple locations, washing your hands or sanitising is a far better option.
How often do I see people walking around town wearing a pair of gloves, doing just that...

And what is it with people wearing face masks driving in a car with no passengers? Odd.

On more than one occasion I’ve seen people with face masks around their chin so they can take a drag on a fag. Which I thought was quite ironic.

Not sure I have ever washed my current scarf in Lord alone knows how many years of wearing it to matches. Wear it as a mask? Think I'd be less likely to catch something nasty if I wore no mask at all! :sick:

The microbes which haven't got you yet could be a defence against C19. :LOL:

On more than one occasion I’ve seen people with face masks around their chin so they can take a drag on a fag. Which I thought was quite ironic.

Actually they might have the right idea... apart from the increased cancer, heart risk etc!!!

Apparently the govt is also giving out rose-tinted anti-covid specs to people who think they’ve done a good job.

Back
Top Bottom