FAC 5th round date

NottsYellow

I know I'm jumping ahead and should take one game at a time, but planning ahead is sometimes required, (just in case we do win next round).
The 5th round is scheduled for Wed 4 March, not a weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46607201

I wonder how many fans would’ve made the trip to Middlesbrough the last time we made the 5th round if it had been midweek?
f*****g around even more with the oldest and most respected cup competition in the world- this time to accommodate progress by English clubs in European club competitions .Really? ... I thought Boris was getting Brexit done, and by 31st Jan, oh dear, lied to by the PM ...and PL clubs with mega sized squads, cant cope with a cup run on occassion? ....hmmm maybe if they, PL clubs, hadnt treated both the league cup and FA with contemptuous disrespectful distain, for many years, then we wouldnt be seeing yet another 'bend over and take it' capitulation from the spineless FA

Again, on the basis of looking ahead, 4th round ties are due to be played around Saturday 25th January. There goes our home game against AFC Womble. Another mid week game to be re-arranged! Still got the Accrington home game to slot in.
Then, as said, 5th round to be mid-week (for the benefit of PL & Sky, no doubt) and we start to get issues with the squad.

was this not something introduced ready for when the poor lovies have a winter break?

The fixture pile up is easily solved Globally (Europe) Revert the Champions League/Europa League back to a knockout competition and for League winners only, that is where these extra games have come from not our Domestic league or cup competitions.
I would go as far as scrap the play offs also, make it about winning again or appropriate promotion place.

It stopped being sport years ago as it's all about the £££££ and the game being controlled by the various tv/and now Amazon outlets.

come the European super (club) league, ( even if Boris does keep his promise,- and does get Brexit done- Im expecting a handful of English PL clubs to be invited to take part), many of the current PL sides will find themselves 'out of favour' with the TV companies, .... maybe then football will stop having the dog wagged by the tail, as it has been for many years! ( certainly at the top end).... a proper reality check for at least some of the suits who think they run English football, but actually are spineless lackeys ... cant come soon enough either IMO

I wouldve mentioned the possibility of a British Football league once a European super league happens.... but if, up in Scotland they follow Sturgeon n co , the Scots will want to be independent in football too presumably, if the SNP get what they want?

I wouldn’t worry too much chaps, I was talking to someone I know who works at the FA and we are away to Manchester City in the next round...?

Back
Top Bottom