Home Match Day Thread +++ FAC 4th Replay - OUFC v Newcastle United MDT +++

Great advertisement for the club.....brilliant effort by the whole team......

......and we're probably in all kinds of trouble for Saturday, now. Although at least the likes of Mousinho & Gorrin should be fresh!

We were all over them first 10 minutes of extra time. It then looked like Robbo then decided to sit back and hold out for pens. Seemed a strange decision.

Well we didn't get started until 80 minutes in and looked way off the game until then. Should count our blessings and be pleased that we managed to produce some entertainment eventually for the fans.

Onwards to better performances in the league.

Well if we have learnt one thing from tonights game is Agyei should be picked in front of Mackie every time. Now hopefully Robbo will drop his mate Mackie and get him to do some coaching or something.

We were all over them first 10 minutes of extra time. It then looked like Robbo then decided to sit back and hold out for pens. Seemed a strange decision.
Probably the players were tired and if we'd continue to go for it we would have easily been caught on the counter, so we tried to go for pens, just me guess though

Probably the players were tired and if we'd continue to go for it we would have easily been caught on the counter, so we tried to go for pens, just me guess though

Wish Sykes had thought that when he had the ball in the corner instead of immediately giving it away! (Played very well overall though)

Some weirdo Newcastle fan celebrated the win Gavin Whyte style ...

It’s doing the rounds on the socials.

I dont know whether I prefer the cup games where we get battered and you walk out thinking, fair enough, or the games like this or City earlier in the season where you think, well, they probbaly deserved to win... but we HAD OUR CHANCES. It's so frustrating. It's also tinged with regret that had we had a fully fit Brannagan , Taylor and Henry we could probably have walked this.

120 mins in the legs obviously not ideal for Peterborough, but I think we needed a night like this to reinstall some feelgood factor in and around the stadium and to bring the players together as a group. I hope they realise after a performance like that that nobody in this league will be above them, and we should go into every league game thinking we should be winning this.

Back
Top Bottom