Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I'm on Twitter alot I've not seen 1 tweet to back this up, plenty of criticism and rightly so but abuse and threatening nah I'm not having that
Well my source is a bloke named Simon Eastwood.
Edit: I’m not really one for Twitter so I can‘t back this up, perhaps it was social media in general?

Personally I have high hopes for this lot having seen them play a lot.

We know about Nico and for me he is ready to step up in to the first team squad weekly.

The for me as mentioned Elechi should get a go with JR injured.

Sole is very impressive - he’s small, but very combative and has a very good eye for a pass. Like I said I would have thought he’d have gone to a higher placed team in the non league set up.

You have Lofthouse whose been banging on the door for the 12-18 months. I just hope he doesn’t get used as a utility player like he has been. He’s a cracking player who deserves a chance higher up the pitch.

Lopes like Lofthouse has been superb and has bulked up a lot and could handle the pro game comfortably. Technically very sound and can play across the midfield and also behind the striker. Another one who needs the chance to break through sooner rather than later.

Slavi Spasov could and should get a chance with Taylor and Winnall struggling. He’s a natural striker who’s a very good finisher and surprisingly very good in the air for his size.

Two who may be a little beyond the above but very exciting are Chambers-Parillon and Tyler Goodrham. Both been stands out at the back end of the 18’s season. Chambers-Parillon is box to box and another of a good size with a good solid range of passing.

Goodrham I love watching play, old fashioned winger who loves taking on his man but also puts in a wicked early ball. Started scoring more goals too which is never a bad thing.

Will they get a chance in our first team.

Sadly, I doubt it, as the pressure to get promoted is to high for KR to gamble - but I’d say they stand a very good chance of making it in the pro game at league level.
Good reference post this, what's that, 8 good prospects?

If we're mid-table going in to the last few games, I hope KR gives most, if not all of these a run of games for the first team.

If I were in truly ethical i would admit to having unethically voted for him even if his goal wasn’t the best.

This thread didn't age too well! My man Dan Agyei hitting some fine form at the moment.

Was just watching the Bin Dippers v Palace highlights and their last goal was very reminiscent of our last goal on Tuesday night, close but ours was better.

It’s been wonderful watching him being battered from pillar to post by a manager who has seemed to relish trying to smash the confidence out of him, being shoved out on the wing despite never playing there before he came here, never being given a run of starts or even just a meaningful amount of minutes in his natural position, and yet still offering far more goal and assist threat than Mackie in a fraction of the minutes. Watching that ball fly into the top corner last week (not for the first time - Shrewsbury springs to mind) was like having an orgasm that hasn’t stopped since. I’ve had to stop wearing pants because there was simply no point.

And to think, only a few weeks ago some people were so desperate to back the manager over the player (why?) that they made up rumours of “attitude problems”, purely to justify the cold and critical treatment he’s received for the last year. The amount of stitch ups and needlessly cold criticism the guy has had to endure, often publicly, is shocking. Every goal he scores and every contribution he makes is an enormous middle finger to people who are supposed to be on his side. If only he could waddle around at a snails pace, wave his arms and be a good old boy, he could go far.

Dur dur dur dur! Danny Agyei!

Xmas quiz:

Who said this when Agyei was signed?

"Everyone will see straight away that he has plenty of pace but there is more to his game than that and he has a terrific attitude, which is important. We’ve seen a lot of him at under 23 level and we know he scores goals as well as stretching the game.

The fans have been patient and the last week or two have seen plenty of new signings: there are still a couple more to come but Dan gives us something different and will be an exciting player for the fans to watch."

It's all very odd, a fee and 3 years is quite a big investment for the club so it does seem a hint 'off project' for the manager to try to derail his development; or perhaps, as I'll be told instantly, Mr Robinson is a 'great man manager' and 'his heart is in right place'. Who knows.

Xmas quiz:

Who said this when Agyei was signed?

"Everyone will see straight away that he has plenty of pace but there is more to his game than that and he has a terrific attitude, which is important. We’ve seen a lot of him at under 23 level and we know he scores goals as well as stretching the game.

The fans have been patient and the last week or two have seen plenty of new signings: there are still a couple more to come but Dan gives us something different and will be an exciting player for the fans to watch."

It's all very odd, a fee and 3 years is quite a big investment for the club so it does seem a hint 'off project' for the manager to try to derail his development; or perhaps, as I'll be told instantly, Mr Robinson is a 'great man manager' and 'his heart is in right place'. Who knows.
Oh f**k off, you can’t use people’s own words against them. That’s not on. You’ll be saying he was constantly referred to as nothing more than a centre forward next, with not even a hint of any experience or ability of playing on the wing. Until justification was needed as to why Jamie Mackie was being allowed to limp around the pitch farting in his shorts, while Dan Agyei could barely get a few minutes off the bench.

You’re trouble. You’re a problem.

Yes but, well, can you imagine the first day in training? "He walks funny. The scouts never told me that. And he doesn't like my jokes. I'm not having that!"

Interesting that the fantastic recent cameo from Dan (and his equally important introduction away at Shrewsbury last season) were both when played on the right of the front three.

Well done Karl for sticking to your guns, I knew you'd be right all along!!! 🤣🤣🤣

It’s been wonderful watching him being battered from pillar to post by a manager who has seemed to relish trying to smash the confidence out of him, being shoved out on the wing despite never playing there before he came here, never being given a run of starts or even just a meaningful amount of minutes in his natural position, and yet still offering far more goal and assist threat than Mackie in a fraction of the minutes. Watching that ball fly into the top corner last week (not for the first time - Shrewsbury springs to mind) was like having an orgasm that hasn’t stopped since. I’ve had to stop wearing pants because there was simply no point.

And to think, only a few weeks ago some people were so desperate to back the manager over the player (why?) that they made up rumours of “attitude problems”, purely to justify the cold and critical treatment he’s received for the last year. The amount of stitch ups and needlessly cold criticism the guy has had to endure, often publicly, is shocking. Every goal he scores and every contribution he makes is an enormous middle finger to people who are supposed to be on his side. If only he could waddle around at a snails pace, wave his arms and be a good old boy, he could go far.

Dur dur dur dur! Danny Agyei!
I suppose he could be “a great presence in the changing room” too?!

He just seems to me to be a very third rate George Lawrence.
He has ability, sure, and can score a blinder like against Northampton.
But so often he flatters to deceive.
Too often his judgement is poor. His final ball, holding on to the ball when he should pass, not being able to shoot when the ball falls to his 'wrong foot.
I suspect that after leaving us he will not move up the football pyramid.

He just seems to me to be a very third rate George Lawrence.
He has ability, sure, and can score a blinder like against Northampton.
But so often he flatters to deceive.
Too often his judgement is poor. His final ball, holding on to the ball when he should pass, not being able to shoot when the ball falls to his 'wrong foot.
I suspect that after leaving us he will not move up the football pyramid.

Agreed with both points. There is very clearly ability there. His goals against Northampton and Shrewsbury show that. He's also had moment where he's run defences ragged with his direct play.

But equally we've seen far too many performances where he has failed to make any worthwhile contribution and doesn't look a natural striker. Against (I think) Southend in February he missed an easy chance towards the end leaving Matty Taylor to rescue us at the death. Against Newcastle, the first 5 minutes of extra time gave a couple of chances and Dan somehow couldn't get his feet right.

It might be a confidence thing, and he'll find himself getting a run of games elsewhere and will come good, but Dan is 24 in the summer and is no longer a "young PL prospect" or an "experienced lower league striker". He needs a strong 6 months to either earn himself an extension here or get a decent move elsewhere. And while I've been critical of him at times, I'd love to see him show his true potential for us. Sadly though I just can't see it happening.

It's not as if any if our other players every hold on to the ball too long, make the wrong decisions, or miss sitters sometimes (Taylor, Henry) is it.

You're both right.

Back
Top Bottom