Fabio Lopes

Scholar reading that who joined in the summer. I assume we are looking at offering him a contract when he turns 17 (in December I think).

Not being negative but is it really wise for Robbo to keep drawing attention to a scholar who could leave us without much compo?

Will probably be farmed out on loan, as will Baptiste, for the whole season :rolleyes:

Not being negative but is it really wise for Robbo to keep drawing attention to a scholar who could leave us without much compo?
If KR knows anything it’s how to look after and develop young players - I believe it’s one of the main reasons he got the job here - Lopes and his family will know that. I think we should all be happy that another good young payer is coming through. Hopefully the first of many now the under 23s are up and running - something Tiger does deserve praise for.

I think that everyone shouldn't get to carried away with this kid to be honest. I mean he's only 16 for gods sake. Let him carry on developing and let's see where he is at 18. If he's that good he will get picked off by a big club anyway.

I hope not @makv .....though I didn't think Napa would be farmed out given him being on the fringes of the squad end of last season ....and he has been
I think the signing of ricky holmes was the catalyst for napa leaving. 3rd/4th Down the pecking order behind hall,holmes and whyte

• React
Reactions: Ian
If Lopez is good enough the club should loan him to a conference level club to gain experience. If he shines bring him back after Christmas or at the end of last season to fight for a place in the team.

If Lopez is good enough the club should loan him to a conference level club to gain experience. If he shines bring him back after Christmas or at the end of last season to fight for a place in the team.

Disagree, maybe in 18 months if he hasn't broken through by then, but he is in a great environment to grow at the moment with a manager who has a track record of bringing players through.

The u23 team means he will be playing mens football, whilst the Checkatrade will give him mins for first team. No need to loan at the moment.

10-15 minutes off the bench at the end of games like Tuesday will probably be better than putting him in to the Conference South to be kicked to bits. No need to rush him yet and I'm sure KR will look to get the best from him, Baptiste and Napa (when he returns).

Disagree, maybe in 18 months if he hasn't broken through by then, but he is in a great environment to grow at the moment with a manager who has a track record of bringing players through.

The u23 team means he will be playing mens football, whilst the Checkatrade will give him mins for first team. No need to loan at the moment.
With one up front, when will he play? Smith and Obika are ahead of him. If he can play in the three behind then maybe.

With one up front, when will he play? Smith and Obika are ahead of him. If he can play in the three behind then maybe.

I actually think he won't ever have a better opportunity with those two in front of him. That's not a slight on Obika or Smith but the law of averages assumes that injuries/suspension will mean they both won't always be in the squad and if Lopes is regarded as No 3 in the list he will make more appearance for us this season then most of our youngsters have recently out of necessity.

Back
Top Bottom