FA Youth Cup 3rd Round

As promised! But I’ve never been so cold since numerous Oldham says games!

Still 1-0 but Yeovil marginally the better side. Heavy pitch not helping oxford

Lopes oxford’s best played. Such a natural player one who’ll go a long way.. James blasts over from edge of the box . Oxford overplaying in tough conditions

2-0 oxford - great run in from the right by Lofthouse slipped in Spasov who finished lovely.. maybe slightly undeserved but very clinical by Ox

When I saw them I got the impressions that Owen James was all effort and covering every blade of grass, while Spasov wasn't as obvious but then popped up in the right place at the right time - is that happening again today?
How is the Lofthouse/full back (Sandford?) partnership on the right?

James looks frustrated and is overplaying (like a few) most of Oxford’s play is down the left with Elechi and I’m not sure of the left cb but he’s huge!

When we go down the right we look fluid and dangerous. Lofthouse drifts past players and also offers great defensive cover and is clearly very fit. Spasov is a pain for defenders. Very dogged and always hustles. Very good finisher when given the chance.

Not sure, but I think Viktor Milton is the huge CB

Pretty sure Milton for a nasty injury v Barney so not him!

Still 3-0 although Yeovil had one ruled oit which looked tight!

Lofthouse just picked out Crooks with a superb 40 year cross ball over the top only for Crooks to hit the keeper from 12 yards

‪Should be 4 and a Spasov hat trick but he hits he keeper from 5 years about after a superb overlap from Lofthouse who was fed by James . Quality stuff this by the young Ox lads . ‬

3-1. Should have been 4 but we overplayed and got caught on the break. Nearly 3-2 . Understandably, Oxford look tired

Just need to make sure we keep the path to the senior side open and clear for this bunch to follow over teh next few years. Oh to have 4 or 5 home grown lads in the senior squad again - been a VERY long time since we've had that

James hits the bar! Oxford going again! Lopes and Spasov subbed

Just need to make sure we keep the path to the senior side open and clear for this bunch to follow over teh next few years. Oh to have 4 or 5 home grown lads in the senior squad again - been a VERY long time since we've had that
Sounds like there is every possibility, maybe more!

Back
Top Bottom