FA Cup Third Cup - who do you want?

Anthrobus in the LDV Vans Trophy................................4-1 to them......

I still see it in my sleep......the ball rolling & sticking in the mud, almost everyone wrong footed and "The Bus" bearing down on goal from about 4 yards........... we were on the top tier, weather was shite & the ground was nearly empty.

Not the best draw but certainly winnable, i may even move my flight back a day so i can attend. Good recent memories at Brentford in the cup. :)

63-64 great memories of Billy Calder!
Yep. Two goals from Bill in a 2-1 replay win in the 4th round. In front of a full house of 26,000 at Brentford on a Tuesday night. On my Dads shoulders as I was a nipper!! The FA cup was better supported than league games then, even the earlier rounds. Drew Blackburn in the 5th round and we all know about that one!
BTW In those days watching Oxford in a big midweek game was a legit reason for being off school the next day;):cool:

Remember abandoning the coach in a jam on the A4 and running to the ground to make kick off. Heady days and you’re right a day off school was mandatory.

3000.............?
Away end at Brentford only holds 1600, 1000 standing and 600 seats in the upper stand....
We will sell all them though.........!
15% tickets for away fans works out at 1,800 I made a mistake with my figures and their capacity

We have a good chance in this one, packed out away end, took 500 to plymouth can easily get 3000 to Brentford.

When do they decide the TV games at which time they can give details of the tickets?

Four pubs became two but now they have three again: The Giffin, The Princess Royal and The Royal Oak. The New Inn is still closed. I wonder how many will survive when Brenford move into their new ground?

s**t view, probably as bad a Wimbledon.

Having been in the away end at AFC Wimbledon and the away end at ours when it was being used as a home end, the view is nowhere near as bad in ours. Never been in the top tier but apparently it's a very good view from there though don't see why you'd want to go in the seats.

We have a good chance in this one, packed out away end, took 500 to plymouth can easily get 3000 to Brentford.

Maybe but you'll get 1,600 as that's what the away end holds.

Back
Top Bottom